WSN Tiger I ~ Das Reich S32 at Kursk

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: WSN Tiger I ~ Das Reich S32 at Kursk

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"[Y]ou have no idea just how much time is involved [making a build thread]![...] stop and take pictures [...] writing and image uploads, editing and answering questions. [...] [F]irst hand experience makes me tip my hat to those that go the extra mile and really go "step by step" as it is truly a selfless endeavor."

I certainly understand! The editing of the text alone is a job. I, too, am grateful to those who do such complicated and detailed accounts of RC builds. Many such builds should become paid articles in RC and modeling magazines.
Met5
Corporal

Post by Met5 »

I speak for myself

Keeping a photographic diary of all the work done on a model helps to remember how it was done after some time.

When a job lasts three years, you can't remember everything in mind.

When I look at a model, after some time, I ask myself "but did I build it?"

The photographic journey is an indelible trace of how I succeeded
Captain Hilts
Lance Corporal

Post by Captain Hilts »

Hello guys, As I had just posted my first ever build ,I wasn't sure what was expected really. And I waited until it was finished before putting the whole thing on in a couple of days. I suppose each build is different and at different levels, but each build I read . I find something new I could have done or will do next time. Jnewboy I love the video idea, that jagtiger looks amazing. And I wasn't for a minute suggesting you weren't putting enough detail into the build . Time is a precious thing.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I think the worst thing to happen to the build section of the Forum is "Photobucket", so much good work lost forever because of some money grabbing oik who was unable to keep a promise :thumbdown:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

jarndice wrote:I think the worst thing to happen to the build section of the Forum is "Photobucket", so much good work lost forever because of some money grabbing oik who was unable to keep a promise :thumbdown:
So true!
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

I was asked how I make my hoses look real, its actually really simple, get a long neck straw, expand the neck they wrap screen around tight, glue, paint.
ImageUntitled by jon newsom, on Flickr

A small but interesting detail I ran across is the right side.
Here is the photo:
ImageTiger_s32_2 by jon newsom, on Flickr
Heres mine, notice I followed the camo pattern.
Where the decal should go a clamp goes, the clamp is not in the photo...
So step one carefully trip away the clamp and insert the decal.
Then glue and paint the cable while the decal soaks in Solvaset...
Notice that the decal stands out way to bright, looks like it was just painted on versus the rest of the filthy tank. So I smudge it and the cable with some more Magic Grime and glue the cable down.
Done!!

That was 7min of work and 15min of pictures and uploads/writing! :haha:
Captain Hilts
Lance Corporal

Post by Captain Hilts »

That magic grime seems to speed things up , I will need to get some. like the hose idea . :thumbup:
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

Finished this tank last week, decals, dull-coat, dust layering, small amount steel pigment on edges. Remember that this Tiger was painted before the battle, so a large amount of deep chips would not be authentic. When doing a specific tank we must calculate the actual amount of ware it had been subjected to.

Sorry I did not take more pictures, ran out of time but I will take final pics of it when time and post in Show-Off. I've already started an Ardennes King Tiger. Stay Thirsty my Friends! 8)
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Very very nice! I love the dirt thrown up on it I guess from nearby explosions. Nice modeling.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Jnewboy,

As always beautiful work! I love the "splash" effect around the shell hits! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Other Builds”