SAMOKHODNAYA USTANOVKA-152/KV14 RENOVATORS DREAM!

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Ad Lav
Captain

Re: SAMOKHODNAYA USTANOVKA-152/KV14 RENOVATORS DREAM!

Post by Ad Lav »

SMART :D
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Thanks for the gracious words folks.
As can be seen by the entry into TOTM, Ive called it done(if any of these things we do are ever really done)
The project was an over all blast to carry out, sure had its moments, but dont they all eh :/
While not "Mcq11 Perfect" ,I reckon its a fair representation of one of the most well known breakthrough weapons of WW2.
I seem to have a 'thing' for Assault Guns/Tank destroyers............they can be made rough as railway station toilet paper, yet still be right.
Now on the prowl for another T.D./Assault Gun to do in the future.

Thanks for checking in and all the assistance, advice & comments ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

In keeping with the Russian theme, I have a project plan to do one of these :

Wont be straight away, but I have the tank, and am gathering parts & info for the "accessory" !!
I was looking at a version just after the Seelow heights, but before the final battle for Berlin, but meh, I think its been done :/
Although, the version I had in mind was similar to this...............looted gear on the rear.
Attachments
and why not !!??
and why not !!??
30bb29e044bb592023e2e0d3793721c7.jpg (99.96 KiB) Viewed 1684 times
JS 2 BERLIN FIRST BEYLORUSSIAN FRONT MAY 1945 UNDER ZHUKOV.jpg
JS 2 BERLIN FIRST BEYLORUSSIAN FRONT MAY 1945 UNDER ZHUKOV.jpg (73.4 KiB) Viewed 1684 times
JS2 MINE ROLLER.jpg
JS2 MINE ROLLER.jpg (40.66 KiB) Viewed 1684 times
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Folks, in order to properly complete this, I'm after an image that I can use as a "portrait" picture to place on the side or rear of the machine.
I have had the luck to get some perfect examples of A.H. images that I used on my Bedspring T34 build & diorama, but I cannot for the life of me find similar images of Stalin in the size that suits.
Can anyone help a Comrade out !?

;)
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Herman,

You may want to check with xhelfix. I believe he has a picture of "Papa Stalin" on a Su-122 some months back in a TOTM contest?

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Yes indeed, that's what I want to replicate.
Lots of images around, but most with watermarks or way too big.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Herman,

I guess you could always buy an old postage stamp of Stalin without a postmark on it. Given that it's old it should already be "aged' looking. It would be roughly the right scale. Then glue it on some sturdier stock and with your woodworking skills build a frame for it?! :think: You can also search for "dollhouse picture frames", I found a ton of them from different dealers like Etsy. They appear to come in different sizes and styles. All of it should be pretty cheap (except maybe shipping). :/ Just some thoughts while I'm puffing on a cigar in weather that's close to 50 degrees warmer than a week ago at this time! :wtf:

Regards
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Not sure what sort of image you are after. Is something like this sny good? https://images.app.goo.gl/s42ZtZbBoTMQXbpEA
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Must be one amongst this lotImage

https://www.google.com/search?q&tbm=isc ... 75&bih=640

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Thanks so much to all of you for the road-signs to images of Uncle Joe.!!
Amazing how many images are copyright'd or watermarked, or, uploaded in such a way as to be impossible to copy & print let alone resize :/
The dude's been dead for decades..................let it goooooo :eh:

I have a selection from all sources(except for postage stamps $$!!) that should do.
All from 1943 so they are also period accurate.

Now the framework & fitting to the side ;)

(Sorry 'General, I have to finish this too)
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Other Builds”