Contemplating a Panzer IV build? Then...

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Contemplating a Panzer IV build? Then...

Post by Max-U52 »

?? ?? ?? Bwahahaha @) :/

When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Excellent work, well done :)

If you ever get one, the panzer iv mf/dmd does have a different tone which is quite nice compared to the same sound of the Tiger, King Tiger, Jagdpanther and Panther :D
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Max-U52 wrote:?? ?? ?? Bwahahaha @) :/

:D
I guess the 'General' will approve of the Gals und Panzer pic, Gary! A timely salute, too :thumbup:
I've seen photos of abandoned houses in Detroit, but if this industrial wasteland is anything to go by, I'd be crossing over into Canada tout de suite! :lolno:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Ad Lav wrote:Excellent work, well done :)

If you ever get one, the panzer iv mf/dmd does have a different tone which is quite nice compared to the same sound of the Tiger, King Tiger, Jagdpanther and Panther :D
Thanks,Adam. Well, that battered Tiger 1 cost me less than a new MF-05 unit for the Pz IV would cost 8O (circa £160; but more when we've abandoned the EU... ;) ).
What's more, the two units occupy a lot of the limited space in the tank. So, if I were to look for an alternative, it would be the Elmod. It has more to offer than the Tamiya units, and would free up some extra space for the electrical spaghetti. :|
I figured that since both tanks used Maybach engines, the sounds shouldn't be that different.
The big cylindrical exhaust on the back of the Pz IV would have played a different tune to the Tiger I's-sure enough- but not enough to invalidate it, I think. :thumbup:
Roy.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Quite a bit different to those in the know, but to a passer by, no.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WsTwv5RZQrY

I would recommend an Elmod for it. Having had both a Tamiya Panzer IV and an Elmod, both are great.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Ad Lav wrote:Quite a bit different to those in the know, but to a passer by, no.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WsTwv5RZQrY

I would recommend an Elmod for it. Having had both a Tamiya Panzer IV and an Elmod, both are great.
Amazing, Adam! I'd no idea Axel made such videos (even though this is an oldie, from 2008- it does give the copyright to Axel) :). Nonetheless, the Tiger Maybach is way better than nothing :thumbup:
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

For others who might be unaware of the sounds of the respective units, I thought I might as well post them here. :D
The Elmod's on my armour bucket list, Adam. Maybe this year, I'll be able to try one out...maybe even in the Pz IV :thumbup:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Slightly off topic, I see that in the video of the nicely produced Tiger 1, above, the flash unit has not been installed. What's more, unless the builder has found some means of introducing a 360deg turret wiring slip-ring system, he runs the risk of snagging the internal wiring with a complete revolution of the turret. Also, with the exception of the Panzer IV, most Tamiya turrets slot into position. It seems to me possible that if the turret moves to that slot-in position (4 0'clockish?), and is jogged when moving, it could actually become detached. Anyone have any experience of this? :)

Edit: I've just noticed something else about this full-option early Tiger 1: It appears to be running on late version metal wheels. :think:
I'd like to know where the builder sourced those from, especially as I'm almost committed to building a 'late Tamiya Tiger 1. ;)

Return to “Other Builds”