The Exotic One - RC 1/16 Type 97 Shinhoto Chi-Ha

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: The Exotic One - RC 1/16 Type 97 Shinhoto Chi-Ha

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Have to commend your pioneering approach to forgotten, or overlooked tanks :thumbup: On top of that, the end results have- hitherto- always been spectacular. :clap:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Panzerjaeger66
Corporal

Post by Panzerjaeger66 »

Ad Lav wrote:Ah didn't know, though they were all the same.

https://www.dklmrc.com/product/38t%20metal%20track
Just got the 38t tracks from DKLM – they need some rework for readiness; additionally they’re too narrow what makes a strange appearance at the tank, so Pz. III tracks are looking much better in this case.

But back to the topic ;) the exotic one.
Some progress is done at the running gear.

The links are made of 2x2mm and 3mm aluminum…

…with limiting stop bolts.

All parts of the running gear:

some detail pics:

Idler wheel parts…

…and tension adjustment happens with the backside screw.

Cheers,
Freddy
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Very smart!
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Interesting and brilliant design Freddy
Tanks alot.... :wave:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

What an astonishing suspension system 8O . How close is it to the actual setup on your target tank? It's superbly realised anyway; but, without any obvious form of damping the real thing must have bounced around the battlefield like some crazy Pram, and felt like a trampoline to the hapless crew.
As usual, your work is of the highest order, and I'll add -once more- that it's great that someone is tackling tanks which seem obscure to us in the 21st Century, but which were in fact significant in their respective theatres of war. :clap:
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Panzerjaeger66
Corporal

Post by Panzerjaeger66 »

Thank’s a lot guys for your interest! :P
43rdRecceReg wrote:What an astonishing suspension system 8O . How close is it to the actual setup on your target tank? It's superbly realised anyway; but, without any obvious form of damping the real thing must have bounced around the battlefield like some crazy Pram, and felt like a trampoline to the hapless crew.
As usual, your work is of the highest order, and add -once more- that it's great that someone if tackling tanks which seem obscure to us in the 21st Century, but which were in fact significant in their respective theatres of war. :clap:
With every design of a tank I try to match with the original as much as possible. In this case I could hit the goal almost, except the middle links - the mounting should be between the wheels, but because I used Pz. III wheels I’d to flip the bearing to the backside.

Watching videos of this tank, riding wasn’t that bad, but at high speed it was more like a swingboat ;-)
And yes … I like extraordinary tanks
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

B| :D Glad you do, and am also impressed by the suspension assembly pics you've posted here. They must be hard to find. Now, that's what I call dedication, and being thorough :thumbup:
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Wow, that's great work.

Wunderbar!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Looking in with great interest Mr Pj66..........Ideas into form is sensational. :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Panzerjaeger66
Corporal

Post by Panzerjaeger66 »

glad you like this build 8)

Some little work is done at the upper hull, i.e. gear / driver hatches and front MG ball mount…

…and hatches at the backside.

Freddy

Return to “Other Builds”