1944 Tiger 1 ( Late )

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: 1944 Tiger 1 ( Late )

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:D One feature of your build, or rebuild threads, that I really enjoy Painless- among many, of course, is that you allow us to look at the contents of your mailbox. That's not meant to sound weird.. but in so doing, you almost repatriate me to the days when I was fascinated by 'foreign' stamps and addresses- like many boys of yesteryear. :D :thumbup: But it's also clear how much you enjoy receiving these carefully selected 'enhancements.' Quite why, I don't know, but that sort of pleasure calls to mind Rob Ross, the TV landscape painter, enthusing over the colours on his palette..and the one he was going to chose next for that fir tree, or shrub, or stretch of water..
Now would also be a good time to say how impressed I am with Jackalope's original creativity. I didn't doubt it, of course, but I think I'm right in saying that he doesn't post many pics of his creations, when he clearly should. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

43rdR&R,
I would say that my enjoyment comes not only from new parts and better detail for a tank, also, I get to share what I love doing with Friends here. Some 75% of my online Friends inhabit this forum and the fun and joy I get from sharing my work is only equaled by enjoying their latest scale triumph along with them. I miss Mr. Ross. A soldier who never lost sight of a quieter path within himself. You and I both on Jackalopes work. It's easy to appreciate the hard work that he puts into his subject models. The hardest part is convincing him to see it himself at times. Keep on keeping on, sir. Your current Tamiya Build has all the meticulous hallmarks I've come appreciate within _your_ work. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

After a long weekend of Lot work and recovering from the Lot work, the mail brought the last of the turret bits today. I have a decal set for the Commander on the way and when it arrives, I will paint him. Until then, remounting the turret will see that part of this ( relatively speaking ) quick build done. Next up, tools, cables and the engine deck. Pics:
Attachments
Another angle.  The sack adds a finishing touch to the already nice Schumo kit.
Another angle. The sack adds a finishing touch to the already nice Schumo kit.
Assembled , painted and installed.
Assembled , painted and installed.
WIP progress on the Gurt sack.  Some edge filing was required to have it fit the Schumo mount properly.
WIP progress on the Gurt sack. Some edge filing was required to have it fit the Schumo mount properly.
A cutesy version of the tank I just mentioned came in today as well. I'll see how it compares to the previous one built.
A cutesy version of the tank I just mentioned came in today as well. I'll see how it compares to the previous one built.
A three piece Gurt sack and a couple of spare fire extinguishers and the sharp eyed will note an early Soviet copy of the Maxim MG.  That is for an upcoming early KV llC build.
A three piece Gurt sack and a couple of spare fire extinguishers and the sharp eyed will note an early Soviet copy of the Maxim MG. That is for an upcoming early KV llC build.
Diorama Freak delivers
Diorama Freak delivers
...Here for the Dawn...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Mr Painless that gun looks incredible. The pouch makes a huge difference for sure. I see a cutesy kv series tank ......and in your order I see a Russian machine gun....

Is something in the works behind the scenes
Tanks alot.... :wave:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Carl, Good evening,
I apologize, I thought I had mentioned it in the pic title. The MG is for a KV-llC build. I've had the turret kit and tank in for some time and it has slowly been making it's way up the list of builds. ;o) The ammo sack does add a lot to the MG for the Tiger. It is the littlest things sometimes. *chuckles*
regards and many thanks,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

PainlessWolf wrote:Carl, Good evening,
I apologize, I thought I had mentioned it in the pic title. The MG is for a KV-llC build. I've had the turret kit and tank in for some time and it has slowly been making it's way up the list of builds. ;o) The ammo sack does add a lot to the MG for the Tiger. It is the littlest things sometimes. *chuckles*
regards and many thanks,
Painless
I for one am a fan of the big stuff including Russian armour particularly. That will be a build all of us can enjoy for sureImage keep up the great work.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Marco Peter
Sergeant

Post by Marco Peter »

Is the 'three piece Gurt sack' from Diorama Freak too? Do you have a link, can't seem to find it...
1:16 was my scale. Until 'Konan' came into my life... an Armortek 1:6 Tiger 1!
... Now followed by a Panther G, 'Gunther'!

I'm a happy man. 8)
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
Marco, Diorama Freaks store is on Ebay. I have the link but it is a URL from within my signed on account. So just go to Ebay and type\copy-paste in "Wehrmacht Bundeswehr MG Partonen Hülsen Sack RC Panzer Deko Zubehör 1/16" The seller is in Witten, Germany and the piece is 2.99 euro.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning, Mick ( I hope I can call you Mick by now )
Thank you very much! All the credit goes to Schumo and Diorama Freak and Jackalope, of course, for that sweet paint job on the Tiger.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

For the last week, markings and tools have been coming in so I thought I had better get back to work. Pics:
Attachments
Tamiya figures are a good match for almost any manufacturers Tiger tank.
Tamiya figures are a good match for almost any manufacturers Tiger tank.
Finally in command
Finally in command
There is a lot of variety and price point available out there.  Skillset matters but so does the quality of the figure.
There is a lot of variety and price point available out there. Skillset matters but so does the quality of the figure.
I took a minute to showcase the Tamiya figure, the Heng Long copy and a cool cast metal figure from RCTank.de
I took a minute to showcase the Tamiya figure, the Heng Long copy and a cool cast metal figure from RCTank.de
An evenings worth of work later  + Divisional bucket.
An evenings worth of work later + Divisional bucket.
Flat black and WIP on the Tamiya commander
Flat black and WIP on the Tamiya commander
More new drill bits and a replacement chucked handle for tougher drilling jobs on metal parts.
More new drill bits and a replacement chucked handle for tougher drilling jobs on metal parts.
Pedersoli does offer some nice, complete vehicle sets.  These will do the job.
Pedersoli does offer some nice, complete vehicle sets. These will do the job.
Pedersoli cool maps.  I have to see how best to use and display these. Also, figure markings.  Thanks!
Pedersoli cool maps. I have to see how best to use and display these. Also, figure markings. Thanks!
Dragon Hobby and...
Dragon Hobby and...
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Other Builds”