Jagdpanther G2 base on Heng Long Hull

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Jagdpanther G2 base on Heng Long Hull

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Those are nice !
While you are on the schumo train , get one of their flash aerial stowage tubes that normally mount on the left side.
You will need one for the rear deck in behind those exhaust hoods .
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

They don't seem to offer these. I couldn't see it on the website at least. But I already started to modify the tube that came with the upper hull. I am not absolutely sure about where to attach it to the hull yet. The axe more or less takes up the space where those supports could be welded to. Some pictures also show a side mounted tube while still everything else was clear d from the side already. That might be an option as well.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Axels Modellbaushop
look in the Panther options.
I will find the link as well & post.

Rear deck tow cable retainers, clean sides, and rear plate tools are a normal arrangement for a very late JP.
The tube will still fit on yours, it has a high-set mount that would enable the tube to clear any deck mounted tools.
The mids though, also used tow cables that ran from the front plate around the rear track hangers & back onto an anchor point about a quarter of the way along the casemate with clean sides.

Drive for the line mate, its a huge example of a Jagdpanther with a real gem of a paint option.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

I made my order last night, ordered those exhaust hoods and the new tow cables, these are a bit thinner in scale but should be a bit easier to work with compared to the ABER ones. Still couldn't find the container for the antenna in a shumo version. Maybe they changed their repertoire? When I looked up an older Tamiya Jagdpanther build on this forum, they seem to have offered a cast collar as well that is not available anymore. But when I compare the pictures of that and my rework, I think I got it close enough.

Today I painted the weld lines and added the brown wash to the back plate details. I like it :D. Should have asked earlier. Then I would have been able to add the welds to the joints of side and back plates as well. Left side is difficult now because of the added crank. But I will try. Weld lines and torch cut marks seem to be the cheapest modification with adding a lot of character.

The Mig brown wash is part of the German tri tone weathering set. It is intended to add a grimy look, when compared to the matching colored wash that I used on my Panther. So less to add a shadow effect, than make it look used. That set also contains streaking grime, tan filter, dark European earth pigments and European splash mud. I will try these products, but first on the 1:35 scale model. So nearly finished this build. Hoods, cables, jack block and antenna tube, then combine everything with wash and filter and then stop until I get the proper weathering idea. Sounds like a plan to me. Maybe I can manage that within a few weeks.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Too right you did :thumbup:

I will look for the link for the tube & post it.
I saw it today but now im just getting over the Assen TT MotoGP so not much sense out of me currently .

Just a thought, the very, very late JP's apparently had a rain channel over the drivers periscope /vision block.
could be a field mod, but worth looking into in case.?
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Some update Pictures. After cutting off the Hoods, the exhausts will Need some rework.

There is a rain cover for the Driver? Haven´t seen one yet. But here is how I painted the Vision blocks. First Panzer Aces blue for optics, then several layers of gloss coat and then finally the Brown wash to dirty Things up. Umm, I realize, I Need to buy the periscopes for the hatches 8O

Third Picture is the current state of the road wheels after Brown wash Treatment.
Attachments
JP Road wheels wash.jpg
JP Vision blocks.jpg
JP back wash.jpg
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Morning guys,

I just found this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfxkGa5CnbA

Have to say, that the Taigen and even HL hulls dont look too horroble compared to this. There seem to be pros and cons for both when looking at the vid. But as soon as one wants to up Detail the stuff, the HL Looks like a cheaper start. The gun Mount out of the box in the Tamiya set Looks fantastic though.
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

Shumo Funnels and some other bits arrived today. Just primed the Funnels Vallejo Camoflage Black Brown and then the Mix of German late dark yellow, mixed with 50% of Thinner/Improver lays down so nicely and gives enough of the darker paint shine through for the exhaust style. Now it is ready for weathering and mounting. :thumbup:
Attachments
Funnels washes
Funnels washes
Clean
Clean
Soeren

Post by Soeren »

A question those following along. Where would the most heat occur on this kind of exhausts? The lower section seems to only cover/hide the exhaust tubes while the section of the bolted manifold covers the area of those flanges that are the actual flame killers.. Then we have the open end open the tubes where the fumes and smoke leave.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
I think that any heat buildup in these covers would come from the area of closest proximity to the actual exhaust pipe. Probably that bend in the pipes that these slide over. Everything seems to be really coming along on this 'Hunting Panther' I've got to get one of these one day so I can park it next to my Sherman and finally have the two main vehicles in 'Panzer Spirit' together on display.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Other Builds”