Nashorn kit - Another kit In Progress

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Nashorn kit - Almost ready

Post by c.rainford73 »

Added some more radio details and headset

Tanks alot.... :wave:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

CR73,
Extremely well done. Your entire build of this kit has been a pleasure to linger over. Following along.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

PainlessWolf wrote:CR73,
Extremely well done. Your entire build of this kit has been a pleasure to linger over. Following along.
regards,
Painless
Thank you Mr Painless after seeing your extremely high quality work and superb builds I am really humbled that you are following alongImage

If it wasn't for the gents on this forum and the constant attempts by all to reach the next level ( I see it every day) I don't know if I would have ever attempted a build like this or added the extra details...
Image Image

Carl
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Hi all[WAVING HAND SIGN]

I have been working again on my Nashorn from Mr Alwyn Turner and as usual I find it hard to pull away and work on something else or surface from my workshop and see the familyImage

Anyway I've been really working on the cabinets and the 88mm shells for the ammo cupboards. Very tedious but rewarding work.

Not to worry the cabinets are not glued in yet. They are so nicely engineered that they fit perfectly in the fighting compartment! Image

I can open and close the doors and the shells to my surprise actually "snap into place" so as not to come loose during a drive! Alwyn thought of everything!

The last photo is through the rear door to give a sense of peering into the fighting compartmentImage

AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Great progress Carl, Your build is coming on in leaps and bounds!
Alwyn
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Found more camo stuff

Alwyn

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

AlwynTurner wrote:Found more camo stuff

Alwyn
Excellent very niceImage
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Mr Rainford................im going to risk rebuttal here,on such a beautiful build, but in my humble opinion, the cables to the head set are over scale.
Multiplying the O.D. by 16 gives you cables so thick and heavy they would be almost reinforcing bar...........
It may be rivet counting. but I reckon for all the effort you have put into the kit and specifically the radio units, the cables need to be thinner...................... :shifty:

May I suggest fuse wire, painted black, as a substitute :think: :think:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Hi Carl, I also thought it looked maybe a bit heavy. Perhaps something like this
http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/dmc-moulin- ... 64378-1061
to simulate the multi-core braided cable that was used at the time? Perhaps adding some glue to the thread to make it more sturdy?

Anyone else used something to simulate scale wires?

Alwyn

c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Mr Rainford................im going to risk rebuttal here,on such a beautiful build, but in my humble opinion, the cables to the head set are over scale.
Multiplying the O.D. by 16 gives you cables so thick and heavy they would be almost reinforcing bar...........
It may be rivet counting. but I reckon for all the effort you have put into the kit and specifically the radio units, the cables need to be thinner...................... :shifty:

May I suggest fuse wire, painted black, as a substitute :think: :think:
Yes I have already looked into a suitable replacement for the radio leads. I have some very fine wire that I will work with later today to get it more to scaleImage

Return to “Other Builds”