GUN RECOIL

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
CHIEFSONN
Lance Corporal

GUN RECOIL

Post by CHIEFSONN »

Hey guy's can you answer a few questions that i have. i have a good collection of HL & Matorro tanks that i'm modifying that would resemble an original tank used in the days. so when it runs & shoots I'm looking for the same. my question is what recoil unit are we using and how are they wired,to STOP the tank from jerking.My first build will be the  HL  TIGER I S&S.
tiger205
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: GUN RECOIL

Post by tiger205 »

hi CHIEFSONN, this is what most people are using now, the link is in german, but you should get the idea, you might be able to get it from andy at military might, if not ebay should turn you up one, as for the wireing and instalation they come with full instructions, hope this helps. http://www.asiatam.de/product_info.php? ... 5462640ebf

Tony 8)

"Er, der kämpft und Lebend davonläuft,
Lebt um einem anderen Tag zu kämpfen".
AndyD
Lance Corporal

Post by AndyD »

Not wanting to hijack someone else's thread, but I too have been looking at the recoil system; I am interested in fitting one, but first want to know if it can be used with any of the replacement barrels that are around. I want to get a Panzer IV, and have seen one at a good price £50 (plus postage) but it is the short barrel version, I want to fit one of the after market longer barrels. Van anyone give me the heads up?

Cheers in advance.

:0)
HL Tiger x2 (one that didn't bounce very well!), HL Pz III x2 (one non-smoker); HL Stug III; HL PzIV and want an HL Jagdpanther.
grompix
Sergeant

Post by grompix »

AndyD wrote: Not wanting to hijack someone else's thread, but I too have been looking at the recoil system. I want to get a Panzer IV, and have seen one at a good price £50 (plus postage) but it is the short barrel version, I want to fit one of the after market longer barrels. Van anyone give me the heads up?
Hi Andy. I'm doing the same with my HL PzIV. Buying an L43 gun and fitting an asiatam recoil system into it. I would think any gun can be made to fit the recoil system without too much work (if it doesn't already). It consists of a sleeve which tightens around the breech. My PzIII with L60 gun was no problem.

Chris
AndyD
Lance Corporal

Post by AndyD »

Thanks for that Chris, I might just have to hit the "buy it now" button and wait a little bit before I commit to the Jagdpanther.......
HL Tiger x2 (one that didn't bounce very well!), HL Pz III x2 (one non-smoker); HL Stug III; HL PzIV and want an HL Jagdpanther.
tiger205
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tiger205 »

you could also think about a tamiya recoil, i used one on my Tiger before asiatam brought their recoil out, the advantage of using a tamiya recoil is a aluminium barrel will fit to it, its a "bolt on swap", though it is a pain in the bum to fit

Tony 8)

"Er, der kämpft und Lebend davonläuft,
Lebt um einem anderen Tag zu kämpfen".

Return to “Heng Long Builds”