Building a Mid-Production Normandy Tiger 1

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Aussie
Corporal

Re: Building a Mid-Production Normandy Tiger 1

Post by Aussie »

Did this brilliant Tiger ever get painted?
Don't get your panties in a bunch , we still got hand weapons and the fifty!
lifeofbrian
Lance Corporal

Post by lifeofbrian »

Nice build, so many great tips too. Where did you get the Voyager brass for the shovel and other bits, I couldn't find it on their website. All I can see in model shops is there clasps set.
Taigen Panver IV F2 // Taigen Pantiger
tanks_for_the_memory
Sergeant

Post by tanks_for_the_memory »

Hi guys,

Thanks for the kind words.

I've sent a pm to lifeofbrian. It looks as if the Voyager sets are discontinued but you can still find them if you look hard enough...

As for the Tiger, I am afraid that no more progress has been made. She still awaits painting... Hopefully this summer when the weather improves...

I have been completely distracted by building a 1/35 diorama of a village in Tuscany being liberated by the Allies in WWII. I decided that it was time to compete with my youngest son whilst he was still winning competitions! With luck it should be finished for Scale Model World (IPMS) Telford in November.

Tanks / Tim
My Mid-Production Normandy Tiger 1 build thread: http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... =22&t=8350
doc larsson
Staff Sergeant

Post by doc larsson »

tftm

pure genius attention to detail is beyond compare ! A Master at work sir !
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

But.....but......
Some of the mudguards are missing...... :D Just kidding

As for a Tiger winning TOTM, highly unlikely I'd say due to the proliferation of T1s at this scale........in spite of the superb modelling ! :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

One of the reasons for the proliferation of Tiger 1 Builds is the dedication that TFTM has put into his build.
When I started on my First Tiger I had no idea how to make a working MG Ball mount, I learnt that from his build and much more,
I would suggest many other members of this Forum owe TFTM a debt of gratitude for the Tips and inspiration.
What we accept as normal was novel and untried because nobody was selling the upgrades which meant turning to the likes of TFTM and others like him so we could learn how to make them ourselves.
We are now in a position where the build is secondary and the Paint and weathering and the R/C and electronics in general have taken centre stage.
This is because there is so much material available on this and other Forums that makes the build even to an incompetent such as I Doable, But the detailing and electronics still takes a standard of achievement which offers a challenge we can aspire to without always succeeding.
So thank you to all those who have gone before we owe you.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Cruiser133
Private

Post by Cruiser133 »

I am in the process of converting/rehabbing a tired Tamiya Tiger into a fresh late model and I have referenced this thread multiple times to answer questions I had especially with regard to the changes made on the turret between early and late.
tanks_for_the_memory
Sergeant

Post by tanks_for_the_memory »

Dear all,

As some of you will know, I have been an active member of this wonderful forum for some years. My main contribution has been this VERY SLOW rebuild of a Heng Long Tiger 1. This now sits on my shelf about 99% complete – except for paint – and has done so for the past year. I give you my solemn promise that I will finish it… I have to!

However, I have had my distractions. Not just the usual work, family, etc – but a return to my original passion: 1/35 scale dioramas. Having watched (and advised) my sons create their own miniature masterpieces over the last few years am now working on my own ‘masterpiece’. Anyone curious enough can find my blog here:

http://www.militarymodelling.com/forums ... ?th=120026

Another development which has come about relates to the ‘man / boy shed’. For the last five years this has been the place where myself and my two sons have crafted our models. However, my eldest (now 14) has retired from the hobby and my youngest (12) says he is about to hang up his airbrush (but not before I can prod him into finishing his last two dioramas). What has taken their interest (and mine to some extent) is music. They are both in bands (as I used to be) and they want the space to make their racket. Turns out the shed is the ideal place. So I am effectively being moved out and into a somewhat smaller lean-to behind the house.

All this means the following: I can no longer justify hanging on to all of the various other RC projects which I have amassed over the past few years – and even if I could I simply don’t have the space. I am hoping, however, that my loss is someone else’s gain (although obviously I am looking to recoup some of my costs).

So, please see my posting in the For Sale section:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=23450&p=215404#p215404

Thanks, Tanks
My Mid-Production Normandy Tiger 1 build thread: http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... =22&t=8350
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

This looks very well done. Some of the detail I might incorporate when it is time for my Tiger. It also shows, that plastic hull and turret are much easier to modify than the metal counterpart.
philipat
Sergeant

Post by philipat »

tanks_for_the_memory wrote:Dear all,

As some of you will know, I have been an active member of this wonderful forum for some years. My main contribution has been this VERY SLOW rebuild of a Heng Long Tiger 1. This now sits on my shelf about 99% complete – except for paint – and has done so for the past year. I give you my solemn promise that I will finish it… I have to!

However, I have had my distractions. Not just the usual work, family, etc – but a return to my original passion: 1/35 scale dioramas. Having watched (and advised) my sons create their own miniature masterpieces over the last few years am now working on my own ‘masterpiece’. Anyone curious enough can find my blog here:

http://www.militarymodelling.com/forums ... ?th=120026

Another development which has come about relates to the ‘man / boy shed’. For the last five years this has been the place where myself and my two sons have crafted our models. However, my eldest (now 14) has retired from the hobby and my youngest (12) says he is about to hang up his airbrush (but not before I can prod him into finishing his last two dioramas). What has taken their interest (and mine to some extent) is music. They are both in bands (as I used to be) and they want the space to make their racket. Turns out the shed is the ideal place. So I am effectively being moved out and into a somewhat smaller lean-to behind the house.

All this means the following: I can no longer justify hanging on to all of the various other RC projects which I have amassed over the past few years – and even if I could I simply don’t have the space. I am hoping, however, that my loss is someone else’s gain (although obviously I am looking to recoup some of my costs).

So, please see my posting in the For Sale section:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=23450&p=215404#p215404

Thanks, Tanks
Got some nice stuff for sale there. Too bad the shipping across the pond is prohibitive.

Sounds like the boys are following in your footsteps as a youth. :thumbup:

Looking forward to the completion of this Tiger, though.

Return to “Heng Long Builds”