Elmod & Bovington Tiger sound

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
wibblywobbly
Major

Elmod & Bovington Tiger sound

Post by wibblywobbly »

Good though the Elmod Tiger 1 sound modules are, I can't help thinking that the sound of the Bovington Tiger is a lot better! I am therefore wondering if anyone knows where Elmod sourced their sound modules, and whether they are actual Tiger sounds. I have wondered whether it would be possible to record the Bovington Tiger and create a sound file for the Elmod from it. Creating the sound file would be easy, but does anyone know how to get a quality recording of the real thing?

I would also love a wav file of a German Tank Commander shouting "Aim! Fire!", so that I can add that to the Elmod files...but having searched high and low on the net I have drawn a blank. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Rob G
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
tiger205
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Elmod & Bovington Tiger sound

Post by tiger205 »

hi rob
        unfortunatly there is not many oppertunities to record "131"because they rarely start her up, but when i went down bovvy last year, they were starting her so they could move her to the work shops, and i took a few video clips(with sound) of her running, in the next few days i will load them on to youtube and post them here, then you can decide wether or not the sound is good enough, as far as the german commander goes, if you look on the net for the pc game "Tiger v T34", it has the commander giving orders(in german) heres a link to the clip http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1_fAG2MGyyE you may be able to edit it to get the commanders voice, let me know how you get on, i wouldnt mind the commanders voice on my elmod tiger, but i'm not that good with a pc

Tony 8)

"Er, der kämpft und Lebend davonläuft,
Lebt um einem anderen Tag zu kämpfen".
tiger205

Post by tiger205 »

heres the link to youtube http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=biga ... iew=videos this will take you to where i put all the clips on youtube (i forgot they were on youtube i hope they are of use

Tony 8)

"Er, der kämpft und Lebend davonläuft,
Lebt um einem anderen Tag zu kämpfen".
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Just so that you know, in order to play around with the Elmod sound files:

CAREFULLY remove the flash card from the holder, the card holder is VERY delicate.
Slot it into the larger one that plugs into your PC reader (if you have one).
This will now become a removeable drive in My Computer.
Click on it and you will see a long list of folders.
Each folder relates to a different set of tank sounds. It's trial and error to find which one is activated on yours.
The safe way to adjust the sounds is as follows:

Create a folder on your pc.
COPY (not MOVE) all of the sounds from the required folder on the card to the new folder on the pc.
Now all of the sounds are on your pc, and the originals are still safe on the card.
Double click on any wav file and it will play on your pc.
Make sure the pc folder is active, not the card folder.

The gun sound is called gun88
The reload sound is called REL_1

First trick is to substitute the Tiger 1 gun sound with the King Tiger one. Its a much better sound IMHO.
Right click once on the gun88 file. Rename it as gun88old. That keeps it safe.
Open the King Tiger folder and drag the gun88 file into the Tiger 1 folder.
Job done.

To get a Tank Commanders voice into the fire sound is not too difficult.
I will need to get the gun88 sound, and copy it as gun88voice.
I then need to extract the commanders voice from a source and save that as a seperate file.
I then simply merge the two files into one, so that the voice precedes the gun sound.
All I then do is replace the King Tiger gun sound by renaming it as gun88KT, and copying my new gun88 file back into the card file.

Then I will just put it back into the Elmod board and will have a commander shouting "Aim..Fire" followed by the gun sound.

The problem will be extracting the commanders voice from a video clip, though I may have a tool that will allow me to do that somewhere. If I can do it, I will publish it here and happily email it to whoever wants it.

Cheers

Rob G
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Ex_Pat_Tanker

Post by Ex_Pat_Tanker »

if you can send me an mpeg of the clip, I can extract the specific part of the sound track as a .wav
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

great one wibbly, I will have one when you get it sorted
regards,ice
on second thoughts lets not go to Camelot ,it is a silly place
BIGMIG
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by BIGMIG »

A great example of the help and information avaible here on the forum for the members.Nice work there wibblywobbly-- ;D ;D

BIGMIG  ;) ;)

Return to “Heng Long Builds”