Tiger 1 full chassis upgrade RCTanke DE

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Tiger 1 full chassis upgrade RCTanke DE

Post by BREL »

fv432 wrote: hey brel give us the heads up on this as i may go this route with my tiger

looks to me like they are using tamiya suspension bits ??
Sure will when I get it
I will take some close ups and then it can be compared to the tamiya chassis
Last edited by BREL on Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fv432
2nd Lieutenant

Post by fv432 »

thanks brel got my eyes on one for my tiger
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Well I was thinking of getting rear idler adjusters for my Tiger when I spotted this, seeing as the idlers are the best part of £20, and I can get the whole upgraded lower hull for £90, this seems even more of a bargain.

If all of these manufacturers actually worked together they could produce all of these tanks to a higher spec than Tamiya in kit form. Elmod elctronics, RCTank hulls, even optional Creeping Death turrets, plus all of those other little metal bits that we all buy. If Heng Long supplied the basic hulls, and could knock out the electronics at mass production prices, I reckon the kits could be on the market for £200? We can all dream.

So, has anyone taken delivery of a Tiger hull yet? and are they as good as they look?

And has anyone else noticed how Elmod have put up all of their prices?? :-\

Rob G
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “Heng Long Builds”