Re: Heng Long Scale Issues

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Mezzerik
Lance Corporal

Post by Mezzerik »

yea henglong isn't know to make their tanks the right scale...the bulldog is also to wide. Haha oh well thats what we get for a tankonly costing £60 or there about.
Your Pershing will stand no chance against my tank.

After a long time away...I have returned.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Bear in mind that HL blatantly copied the Tiger mould, so if HL have got it wrong...so have Tamiya?  ;D
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Mezzerik
Lance Corporal

Post by Mezzerik »

Well, it certainly isn't as good quality
Your Pershing will stand no chance against my tank.

After a long time away...I have returned.
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

well its all down to what you can afford really, if you can only afford a heng long, they are a good enough quality to use, and when a part breaks you dont get as fustrated as you would if the same happened to a tamiya, as hl parts are much easier to get hold of!

cheers,

Matt
Mackem
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mackem »

Tamiya don't make a 1:16 PzIII, Stug III or an M41, and even if they did I wouldn't pay £500 to get one!
HE/HL Leopard 2-A5, HL Pz IV-F1, HL Jagdpanther (WIP), M26A1 Pershing (WIP), HL Pz III M (WIP), Bandai Hummel (WIP)
Crispy
Sergeant

Post by Crispy »

You get what you pay for. When the Tamy Tiger 1 came out I paid £600 for the new full option kit and probably spent another £200 on RC, batts & paints. £800 all in but it was the best RC tank i've ever owned and i really wish i hadnt sold it. At the time they were selling the static Tamy tiger kit for about £200.

Within 1 year of selling the Tamyia Tiger I bought a pre S&S HL Tiger 1  for £60 on ebay and i still think thats pretty damn good. Especially when you think the HL tiger is maybe 70-80% of what you get with the Tamiya Tiger but its only 10% of the price. Obviously its the control and sound that really sells the Tamiya kits.

It seems HL established themelves with the earlier models and now they're starting to fill out the market with more accurate kits like the Stug3. Cant wait until to do a Sherman.
You aint gettin me on no plane fool!
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

personally I thing Heng long have only the one size gear boxes and this is the reason they are the same width
Woz
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Woz »

HL started out making "Toys" and getting the scale right wasn't such a high priority. But they've since realised that modellers are buying their stuff and scale is a higer issue.

HL are moving from the toy market to the model market so you can expect newer HL's to be more accurate.
tiger205
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tiger205 »

i dont think HL scale matters to much, atleast to start with, for all of HL's faults they have made it possible for people to get into this hobby of ours, who would not of been able too if it was only tamiya on the market, plus you can modify them which for me is great fun, and if you spend the time, and money, you can have a HL as good if not better than a tamiya, this of course is only my opinion

Tony 8)

"Er, der kämpft und Lebend davonläuft,
Lebt um einem anderen Tag zu kämpfen".
Mackem
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mackem »

Hi Tony,

Got to agree with you there, HL have certainly opened up this hobby to a wider audience.
Scale wise, the PzIII, StugIII, and PzIV are pretty near spot on.

John

PS: Did I tell you I got a FULL METAL PzIV for £49.95  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
HE/HL Leopard 2-A5, HL Pz IV-F1, HL Jagdpanther (WIP), M26A1 Pershing (WIP), HL Pz III M (WIP), Bandai Hummel (WIP)

Return to “Heng Long Builds”