Modded HL Tiger1

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Woz
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Modded HL Tiger1

Post by Woz »

It's based on an idea I got after reading about Panzer Kompanie Hummel that went on to be the 4th Kompanie of sPzAbt.506.

So this is an early Training/Research tank that had been updated and made combat ready (mid/late 1944) and has somehow made it through to the spring of 1945 (hence the traces of white wash). 

Here’s a quick run down on the mods I made to my HL Tiger1

It started out as a non S+S tank but I soon swapped out for S+S electronics. As well as the usual metal track/ gearbox upgrades here’s some of the other things I’ve done to it.

All the switches and the recharge plug have all been moved to a panel at the back (I can recharge the battery without taking it out of the tank).

Added some foam window draught excluder around the inside edge of the hull to stop any water getting in (should I take it for a swim).

The circuit boards have been moved and a bigger heatsink and fan added to the drive motor transistors.

I've also fitted some screw posts so I can get the top off without having to take the tracks off.

The smoke gen has gone. It looks good for photo shoots but I never used it when I was running it about. The smoke was too faint to see and it needed topping up every couple of minutes.

The screws will be painted black so they look like part of the tank and the front hatches hide the front screws.

I made a turret ring (full 360 deg rotation) and added some L shaped brackets to make the hull stiffer.

I've painted the commander and replaced the commanders hatch with the one off the HL Panther and I've also added rust to the exhaust

Out on the prowl

Late night dip

I’ve had this tank for over two years now and it’s still on its first board (and I run it quite hard) so I guess I got the board that was meant for the bosses son.
Mackem
Staff Sergeant

Re: Modded HL Tiger1

Post by Mackem »

If you keep taking it for a swim like that you will need to fit a bilge pump  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers
John
HE/HL Leopard 2-A5, HL Pz IV-F1, HL Jagdpanther (WIP), M26A1 Pershing (WIP), HL Pz III M (WIP), Bandai Hummel (WIP)
Wight
Lance Corporal

Post by Wight »

Nice Tiger.

I like the way you disguised the screw heads on the rear deck,very innovative.
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

thats awsome.. and deep too. thats very deep you cant even see the tracks! also like the tidy electronics inside! ;D

great work....

cheers,

Matt
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

very nice tiger there , i like the mods very tidy,
all the best ,ice
on second thoughts lets not go to Camelot ,it is a silly place
tiger205
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tiger205 »

nice tiger you got there woz, i think you should enter her for the 2012 olympics, in the 100m breaststroke, then we could all come and chear it on, a good club day out me thinks. ;)

Tony 8)

"Er, der kämpft und Lebend davonläuft,
Lebt um einem anderen Tag zu kämpfen".
grim_marmazet
Staff Sergeant

Post by grim_marmazet »

Really nice build Woz. The screw idea is brilliant, may have to nick it off you, lol.

Got any more mods planned?

Regards,
Rik

Return to “Heng Long Builds”