Kugelblitz by RC-Tank-Factory.de

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Kugelblitz by RC-Tank-Factory.de

Post by SoCalBobS »

This topic is for a question to the community.

I want to do a Kugelblitz modification to a Heng Long Panzer IV. I have found two options, one a set of 3D files, and one product from Germany. My question pertains to the latter. RC-Tank-Factory.de shows a line drawing of a Kugelblitz turret. The web page shows only that, and specifies the product as "one piece". I contacted them and received a gracious response by Tobias Gunther that described the item as being made from plastic. Given my language deficiency, I'm not sure about the details of the item.

So, my questions are, does anyone have experience with this product, are there pictures that perhaps show the individual pieces, maybe a build, is it articulated, knowledge of what plastic it's made of? Are the barrels plastic or metal, solid or hollow?

Any info on this product would be appreciated, thanks of course in advance!
Renault FT, British WW1 Mk. 4), Pz 1A DAK, 1B, II L, III, StuG III, PzKpfw IV, StuG IV, King Tiger, T-34/76, KV-1E, T-35A 3DP, Zik-2, T-90, M3 Lee, M4 Sherman, M26 Pershing, M41 Bulldog, M1 Abrams. In the works: Ram II, Pz 1 Breda. :crazy:
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Kugelblitz by RC-Tank-Factory.de

Post by midlife306 »

Sorry I don’t know about the seller, but I have 3D printed the other.
It’s ok, a bit of a fiddle to print & you will end up having to fabricate the openings out of plasticard. The PZ IV upper hull will need a few mods, the turret hole will need making bigger to accept the ball turret & the top of the upper hull will need making flat at the front and the front upper hatches moving slightly, there are plenty of pics out there if you look hard enough.
The two main pics to look out for are one where there are a few guys sat on top of a KB with the ball turret missing as this shows the flat bit at the front of the upper hull. The other pic is of a partial front upper hull panel lent against a tree, from this you can see the revised position of the two hatches.
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

I have read several times those guys are known for taking the money and never sending anything.

They had another brand called "grand turismo" and it is said another one prior to it.

So until I read something good, I'd keep my hard earned away.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Post by SoCalBobS »

Quick responses! Cool.

Rad, thanks for the warning.

306, was your print the one from "Thingiverse" by mkdescg, or is there another one out there?
Renault FT, British WW1 Mk. 4), Pz 1A DAK, 1B, II L, III, StuG III, PzKpfw IV, StuG IV, King Tiger, T-34/76, KV-1E, T-35A 3DP, Zik-2, T-90, M3 Lee, M4 Sherman, M26 Pershing, M41 Bulldog, M1 Abrams. In the works: Ram II, Pz 1 Breda. :crazy:
midlife306

Post by midlife306 »

It’s the Thingiverse version
Cheers
Wayne

Return to “General Questions”