Old HL tiger back from the dead (eventually)

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
john1970
Corporal

Re: Old HL tiger back from the dead (eventually)

Post by john1970 »

If you do buy a new plastic lower hull check before you buy where the upper hull mounting points are as these where changed by heng long some time ago. If you look at the bottom of your daughters tiger you will notice it has 2 mounting holes at the front instead of 1 and the 2 in the middle have been bought inwards so they no longer sit under the wheels.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

john1970 wrote:If you do buy a new plastic lower hull check before you buy where the upper hull mounting points are as these where changed by heng long some time ago. If you look at the bottom of your daughters tiger you will notice it has 2 mounting holes at the front instead of 1 and the 2 in the middle have been bought inwards so they no longer sit under the wheels.
There is little point in changing a Heng Long Plastic Hull for a Taigen Plastic Hull,
A Taigen Metal Hull adds stiffness to the Tank and weight where it is needed and with it's quick release as standard access is a doddle.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I agree 100% with jarndice. It’s the option I went with and totally well worth it. The Taigen metal hull takes all the the outdoor driving abuse that can be thrown at it. Take my word on it.
Tiger 323
Private

Post by Tiger 323 »

While waiting for hardware for the road wheels I started to do some cutting! Question does anyone have any experience with completely gutting all heng long old style electronics and using all new taigen motherboard and all other parts internally? I saw a kit for $199 for what looks to be all electronics needed.
Attachments
43672E3D-8EED-404F-B22D-9947391AE045.jpeg

Return to “Heng Long Builds”