Mariya Oktyabrskaya & the Fighting Girlfriend

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
stu_the_flat
Lance Corporal

Re: Mariya Oktyabrskaya & the Fighting Girlfriend

Post by stu_the_flat »

So it's been a bit of a puzzle but Ive finally got all the peace's to fit. Suddenly the model just came to life once I fitted the wall dividing the RC components from the cabbing crew. I've built a very rudimentary holder for the camera. It looks pretty silly but it means I can get Bluetooth reach the controls and there is a pretty cool perspective shift when I rotate the turret.

It's very dark in there. I am having trouble getting the LEDs to light. I also release I don't know anything about how interiors of WWII were lit. Did they use red light like on the subs? I hope they did because that will hide alot of my questionable modeling skills! :) ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Armor 9 using Tapatalk
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

What an interesting question about lights inside tanks. I never thought about it, so I am eager for information from others. In US tanks, it appears rather standard white light bulbs were used, some on flexible mounts like worklights.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

What an interesting question about lights inside tanks. I never thought about it, so I am eager for information from others. In US tanks, it appears rather standard white light bulbs were used, some on flexible mounts like worklights.

Then, too, I have been following your posts on this clever project, as it will be great fun to see the videos that result.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I just noticed the early '76 turret. The little bars that sit each side just below the turret on the upper hull sides can be removed as they were only fitted as shot deflectors on the larger 85mm gun turrets later.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
stu_the_flat
Lance Corporal

Post by stu_the_flat »

Thank you. I've found a video of a tour inside a 85, just looks like a standard bulkhead lamp. as I'll have to buy some LEDs and you can't just buy one LED I might rig up some red lights as well.

Herman, I have had a look but I don't think I have the modelling skill to remove it. it is cast in the hull with a rise so if I remove it (Which will be messy as don't really have the right tools for cutting plastic.) It will leave a gap in the hull that I'll need to plug. I've already got some gaps in the floor well that are from were the old switches used to be that I am not 100% sure how I am going to seal up.
stu_the_flat
Lance Corporal

Post by stu_the_flat »

Getting to this point has been quite challenging, trying to getting everything to fit and then also have the upper deck so it will remove without hitting the interior has been a challenge. This is a mock up and its not the final lighting, I am struggling with the LED's I have and will need to order more.

tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Very cool build.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

What!? That’s not a real tank? Ghasp!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Thats a real cool innovation that is mate, love it.
Once you get the interior bits painted and ammo in the racks it will be a stand out.
great job.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
stu_the_flat
Lance Corporal

Post by stu_the_flat »

Lettering on one side. It probably looks like a Russian toddler did it! Also got some warm LEDs installed in the internals. Oh and the tracks actually fit this tank so it will be able to move with will be novel! :) ImageImageImage

Sent from my Armor 9 using Tapatalk

Return to “Heng Long Builds”