my HL late Tiger 1 build

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Re: my HL late Tiger 1 build

Post by 971wright »

Outstanding work one of the best ive seen would love to see it close up and ask you some questions its a pitty you didnt come to Bovington in September would have been nice to see your tiger .

regards pete
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

that is one outstanding tiger, great work and a great report! good job!

thanks,

Matt
tiger205
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tiger205 »

hi guys thanks for those comments,  pete, may be the next meet down bovington we will meet up, it would be my pleasure for you to see my Tiger up close, and of course you can always ask any questions you like about her, i would be happy to answer them, to be honest i like taking her out and having a laugh. the next thing i want to do to her is take out that horrible gun elevation motor and install servos to elevate the gun, and to move the main gun pivot point to where it should be, where the 2 front turret lifting points are,
anyway here is a little video clip of her near where i live, i have aged it abit will have to make some more clips up soon

Tony 8)
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QXm0m6cSoGI

"Er, der kämpft und Lebend davonläuft,
Lebt um einem anderen Tag zu kämpfen".
tiger205

Post by tiger205 »

hi guys
            just to let you all know ive got round to reloading the photos of my Tiger build, hope you like them

Tony 8)
Last edited by tiger205 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grompix
Sergeant

Post by grompix »

Brilliant job on that late model Tiger Tony. The cam scheme works well with the zimmeritt and steel wheels. It looks and runs really great.

Chris ;D
tiger205

Post by tiger205 »

thanks chris, i pretty much copied the camo' scheme from the alan hanby Tiger site, but all that zimmerit is coming off when i get a asiatam lower hull and creeping death turret. i'm going to do the zimmerit the way "crispy" showed in the hints and tips page, with a soldering iron, so its going to be a complete strip down and rebuild ::) ::)

Tony 8)

grompix
Sergeant

Post by grompix »

tiger205 wrote: i'm going to do the zimmerit the way "crispy" showed in the hints and tips page, with a soldering iron, so its going to be a complete strip down and rebuild ::) ::)
I tried Crispy's technique on some areas of my Stug the other day and it worked really well. Very easy to do too. I wish I'd zimmed all my Stug with the same technique now. Still - next time....
Chris

Return to “Heng Long Builds”