Jnewboy Customs ~ 4 Cats

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Jnewboy Customs ~ 4 Cats

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

That's an incredibly well-organized work space. Now I keep my work space pretty neat, and people have sometimes called me
AR Sign.jpg
AR Sign.jpg (4.7 KiB) Viewed 1713 times
Now I'm not sayin'...

Oh-Oh, now I probably ruined it. And here I was hoping that, even though I have had success with your Magic Grime, have watched your video, and really like the stuff, I was hoping that you would show its use on these builds.
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:That's an incredibly well-organized work space. Now I keep my work space pretty neat, and people have sometimes called me
AR Sign.jpg
Now I'm not sayin'...

Oh-Oh, now I probably ruined it. And here I was hoping that, even though I have had success with your Magic Grime, have watched your video, and really like the stuff, I was hoping that you would show its use on these builds.
Thanks! Glad to see you guys didn't give me up for dead!

The new setup took about 3 days to set up but I have to know where stuff is, otherwise you spend most of your time digging.

Yes I will use Magic Grime on all three Jagdpanthers, its just one step in weathering but it does most of the work!
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

That is an amazing work space! And tackling that many tanks at once is sure ambitious.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

Camo done! at least the first layers...

Next is white wash on two of them then the weathering begins! 8)

ImageIMG_5202 by Jnewboy Customs, on Flickr

ImageIMG_5201 by Jnewboy Customs, on Flickr
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning!
I'll be watching your MG application results. Considering doing the same on my current Jagdpanther 'Panzer Spirit' build.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

Wanted to show you guys one of the Jagdpanthers, this is the one from Aberdeen, these are the first colorized photos taken. Its a bizarre camo pattern, I'm going to put some light whitewash on the Dunkelgelb then the more dramatic brighter white stripes between the colors.

Imageunnamehgd by Jnewboy Customs, on Flickr

Imageunnamed by Jnewboy Customs, on Flickr
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

Here is an upadate, I used cement pigment to soften the colors and then added the white stripes.

Here is a pic of the gun untouched to show contrast.
ImageIMG_5245 by Jnewboy Customs, on Flickr

Here it is done

ImageIMG_5246 by Jnewboy Customs, on Flickr

Next is tools, decals, Magic Grime, sideskirts and then tracks
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Interesting: I am not familiar with "cement pigment." What technique is that? Do you mix plastic cement and pigment? The subtle results look great!

Also interesting, something I missed until now: "...turning 70 one month from now, so the clock is ticking!" Now that's ominous 8O , especially for one "of a certain age." :haha:
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Interesting: I am not familiar with "cement pigment." What technique is that? Do you mix plastic cement and pigment? The subtle results look great!

Also interesting, something I missed until now: "...turning 70 one month from now, so the clock is ticking!" Now that's ominous 8O , especially for one "of a certain age." :haha:
I just meant cement colored pigment, comes out off white and works well to fade colors together. :thumbup: Happy early Birthday! Age is how we feel, especially about the future, not a number! :thumbup:

Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Ah! I will get some cement colored pigment a.s.a.p. What a clever modeling trick!

Return to “Heng Long Builds”