M3 Grant (Lee?) scratchbuilt... or that's the plan anyway...

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Rob1970
Corporal

Re: M3 Grant (Lee?) scratchbuilt... or that's the plan anywa

Post by Rob1970 »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:You have several great ideas there for making the plans accessible to those without 3D printers. That’s thoughtful: bravo!
I might do a short run of the printed parts for those interested to go with the scrathcbuilding plans. At least that's the plan anyway... really depends on how people treat the plans and me. On one place where I posted some of this people were getting a bit... let's say pushy for me to release more parts. Like... demanding I worked faster and post my stuff... When I jokingly mentioned that tipping (on Thingiverse) might speed up the process I got some pretty nasty remarks.

Long story short; people are a**holes... >:<
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
Under construction; Sherman Firefly IC - M3 Grant - Sherman BARV
... No, I do not have a problem....
RiskyR
Lance Corporal

Post by RiskyR »

Rob1970 wrote:
Herr Dr. Professor wrote:You have several great ideas there for making the plans accessible to those without 3D printers. That’s thoughtful: bravo!
I might do a short run of the printed parts for those interested to go with the scrathcbuilding plans. At least that's the plan anyway... really depends on how people treat the plans and me. On one place where I posted some of this people were getting a bit... let's say pushy for me to release more parts. Like... demanding I worked faster and post my stuff... When I jokingly mentioned that tipping (on Thingiverse) might speed up the process I got some pretty nasty remarks.

Shame to see how people can react if you are actually helping them! You're the one spending all your time on this design and making it available on thingiverse. They should be thankful for that!

Anyway I like how everything looks, keep up the good work! :)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G970F met Tapatalk
In progress:
M4A1(75)
M4A1(76)W HVSS
M4A2 Fisher
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Rob1970 wrote: really depends on how people treat the plans and me. On one place where I posted some of this people were getting a bit... let's say pushy for me to release more parts. Like... demanding I worked faster and post my stuff... When I jokingly mentioned that tipping (on Thingiverse) might speed up the process I got some pretty nasty remarks.

Welcome to 3D printing - where everyone wants your files so that they can go into buisness for themselves printing out your hard work, and expect that they just press a button and out pops a finished item that doesn't require any clean up or fettling to fit... :thumbdown:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I am not surprised, but certainly sorry that you had a bad experience making files/plans/etc. available. Your work should be respected and fairly--generously--compensated. Otherwise, who needs the hassle?
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Some make it a business but as a hobby, its primary function should be to provide enjoyment for the builder.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

I like the hybrid approach to the build
Looks like a fun project aswell
If its a hobby do it for the fun and maybe someday the time will come when you can sell a few to lucky enthusiasts
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Do what others do.
Wait till the project is finished, then sell the files.

And don't forget, if you get harassing rude private messages from freeloaders, just forward them to one of us moderators, we are clamping down on such behaviour.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Freeloaders............"chi-chik-Boom.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
RiskyR
Lance Corporal

Post by RiskyR »

Hey Rob, how are you (and your project) doing?
In progress:
M4A1(75)
M4A1(76)W HVSS
M4A2 Fisher
Rob1970
Corporal

Post by Rob1970 »

RiskyR wrote:Hey Rob, how are you (and your project) doing?
Well, I'm not dead... but I had a little bump in my recovery (from an accident more than a year ago) which sapped my strength and time to do pretty much anything. But I am slowly crawling back up and things look good for the near future.

Not being able to build or tinker with tanks has not stopped me buying them tho. The collections has become pretty shocking. Retail Therapy FTW!
Since the last time I did anything I managed to score a Tamiya Gepard (for a steal), a second Tamiya Sherman and some other assorted poor lost tanks that needed a good home. Also scored a Sherman track horn and a 17-pounder shell casing just for the mancave...

Rob
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
Under construction; Sherman Firefly IC - M3 Grant - Sherman BARV
... No, I do not have a problem....

Return to “Heng Long Builds”