PANTHER 111, 116TH WINDHUND Dv, HOUFFALIZE 1944

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: PANTHER 111, 116TH WINDHUND Dv, HOUFFALIZE 1944

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I just now got a confirmation that the unit this Tank was from had NOT relocated its cleaning rod tubes to the rear deck, and HAD a unit wide field mod that mounted jerry cans on the inside of each stowage box .
WHICH I really wished I had known about before completing the Voyager stowage boxes :/
But, that is still doable at least.
Going to be cramped back there next to the heat guards around the exhausts, but its going to be a feature I hope.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

Great Job so far! :thumbup:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Like this one:
Attachments
E18D0766-850E-4C16-B1CE-DE6CCCA8464F.jpeg
40551997-24BE-4FEA-B4A2-277D69A46911.jpeg
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

You should be able to get photos from your phone onto your computer the same way as your old camera by using the cable you charge the phone with. Depending on what kind of phone you have, it should be pretty straightforward. Most of them will ask if you want to transfer files or photos or whatever, and from then on your computer will just treat it like a camera.

The field mod with the jerry cans is an interesting one, I'd have thought the sides of the sponsons would be a safer spot for them. Anyone know how warm a Panther's exhaust gets? :haha:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning!
Maybe those are water cans? If you wanted hot water for your ersatz coffee or looted tea or whatever, I cannot think of an easier way to have it ready to hand than to hang the containers next to those blistering exhausts....
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

Panther flavored tea? I would give it a go!

Is there any detail on the mounting of the cans? I would assume so sort of bracket, but that could look a million different ways.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good Morning!
Maybe those are water cans? If you wanted hot water for your ersatz coffee or looted tea or whatever, I cannot think of an easier way to have it ready to hand than to hang the containers next to those blistering exhausts....
regards,
Painless
Thinking of the ignition temperature point of Petrol, and the relative proximity of the cans from the shrouded exhausts, they could indeed be petrol.
Just wish I had paid more attention to the cans on this units machines earlier :/
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

PershingLover wrote:Panther flavored tea? I would give it a go!

Is there any detail on the mounting of the cans? I would assume so sort of bracket, but that could look a million different ways.

Only very basic images that look like flat bar straps folded into a frame to hold them.
I cant even see any retaining method over the top of them. seems gravity was enough !!
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Trying to post a bit of catch up.
I sliced the lower mechanism off the HL recoil unit and plated over it with brass, secured by lots of epoxy glue and a screw.
To this was soldered a rudimentary mount for a servo.
That provided a strong foundation for the recoil servo to cycle the barrel.
On the other side I used a lego piece to mount a servo for elevation.
Using a 6.1s control gave me the ability to use a simple & cheap set up.
The pivot area that the mantlet is secured to is very tight, that is it functions well but has no slop. I cant stand that wobbly barrel syndrome.
It was a bit of trial & error to get the link lengths right and which servo arm to use, and within that which hole in the arm to spot the link, but I got there in the end.
Also had to epoxy a row of washers onto the rear of the turret to get the balance right.
I would normally use a stick on mag wheel weight, but rather than go & get some I used what was to hand. A Rough but effective alternative.
Those familiar with using servos get this as a basic thing as simple as wiping your ass BEFORE pulling your strides up, but to others like me it requires a more careful approach in case I get a poopy outcome :{ :eh:
Im sure as I do more of them it will become a subliminal function.............
Tested & works a treat.
Thanks to an insightful Mr 43rd Recce, getting the 6.1s to make the right noises was easy and I thank him & others for that.
Attachments
11E4EEAF-1CFD-4193-9373-549AA54275EF.jpeg
B98499E6-06A0-4FA8-AE8C-32B9AF1D29CD.jpeg
1AE237EC-A008-4809-BA07-F7A8FAC6F94F.jpeg
EC1EC06B-EEA4-4861-8259-FF8CF8D32FDC.jpeg
78EDEAFD-A406-446B-B6AD-067D766E3F2B.jpeg
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

I recently added a servo recoil to my T-72 using a 6.1 board and the servo would recoil forward instead of backward. Since there is no way to fix this on the radio I had to place a "servo reverser" inline to fix the issue.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...

Return to “Heng Long Builds”