PANTHER 111, 116TH WINDHUND Dv, HOUFFALIZE 1944

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: PANTHER 111, 116TH WINDHUND Dv, HOUFFALIZE 1944

Post by HERMAN BIX »

SCHWEREPANZER wrote:Col. Bix,

You needn't fret over the nagging questions whether you've been faithful to the 'real thing' or the width of your camo lines. Be assured, you've hit the sweet spot and have winner.

Take care of that ankle! We don't need tankers hobbling over track pins and wheel bolts.

Appreciate it Mr Schpzr, its what we worry about when trying to recreate a real machine. Have to do justice to the men that crewed it & ultimately lost their lives in it, and less than that is how it may have looked when that happened.

I will do what I can to get my hoof right, its that or im into an operation which is no good for anyone.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I can’t really do justice to the grime effect with photos but for me it’s a great look.
Of course the upper will not be as heavily covered, and it’s going to be ages before I can weather the entire thing.
Pics would be better if I could get it outside, but I’m home alone and tanks are not easy to carry on crutches :(
Attachments
C79E0D30-0C73-4C08-9755-568DB48EC8F7.jpeg
FD728752-F931-45AF-ABE8-05884D6472E1.jpeg
D53AA06B-AAE1-4AA0-BC41-FAF7DE919625.jpeg
870B2707-744C-414E-AAFD-F0E6A7083316.jpeg
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

Hey my friend! Looking good!! I see you have been using that Magic Grime I sent you! 8) Very nice job! If you do the whole tank (which I would) use something like a damp washcloth that has a little nap on it to get down in the Zimmerit coating when you remove it. Cant wait to see the final result!!
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

:) Good evening everyone, just a little video for Herman, from a Panther to 1/4, and just for fun

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yqhxWUcBnU8
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Jnewboy wrote:Hey my friend! Looking good!! I see you have been using that Magic Grime I sent you! 8) Very nice job! If you do the whole tank (which I would) use something like a damp washcloth that has a little nap on it to get down in the Zimmerit coating when you remove it. Cant wait to see the final result!!

Thanks Mr Newboy, your stuff is a great product, well it is for me.
While I did make it hard for myself than usual by applying it when the wheels were on, that was a valuable & consequence free trial to give myself an idea on how it works.
Of course your videos are great, but you make it look easy by virtue of lots of practice !!
It is easy to apply, just a matter of working out how much you need in the area you are covering.
Then, removal is also easy but is a process that is affected by the level of sticky-outy detail on your model!!
Do you make a track grime version ?
One that has a slightly metallic refraction along with the washing effect the grime has already ?
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Jofaur86 wrote::) Good evening everyone, just a little video for Herman, from a Panther to 1/4, and just for fun

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yqhxWUcBnU8

Great video Mr Jofaur, we'd all like to get our models around an actual tank museum I reckon !
Even at 1/4 scale, that Panther looked more imposing than the Crusader :/ ;)
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

HERMAN BIX wrote:
Jnewboy wrote:Hey my friend! Looking good!! I see you have been using that Magic Grime I sent you! 8) Very nice job! If you do the whole tank (which I would) use something like a damp washcloth that has a little nap on it to get down in the Zimmerit coating when you remove it. Cant wait to see the final result!!

Thanks Mr Newboy, your stuff is a great product, well it is for me.
While I did make it hard for myself than usual by applying it when the wheels were on, that was a valuable & consequence free trial to give myself an idea on how it works.
Of course your videos are great, but you make it look easy by virtue of lots of practice !!
It is easy to apply, just a matter of working out how much you need in the area you are covering.
Then, removal is also easy but is a process that is affected by the level of sticky-outy detail on your model!!
Do you make a track grime version ?
One that has a slightly metallic refraction along with the washing effect the grime has already ?
I did make a test batch that had some rust tones and dark brown tones that I used on a set of tracks but I have found mixing track wash with pigment fixer and dirt/earth pigments it looks better. Looking forward to seeing your final result!
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Herman,

That Magic Grime is like icing on the cake! I would have to say "More frosting Mom!!!" :D That is going to be one beauty of a Panther when all is said and done!

Sorry to hear about your ankle. Seems like it's one more thing that us and 43rdRR have in common. A poorly healed, torn Achille's Tendon from a 1988 crash that destroyed my beloved 1982 Suzuki Katana 1000, led to another torn tendon that was trying too hard to make up for the injured Achille's. Double ankle surgery in 2014 finally led to me hanging up my helmet for good, just can't hold up a heavy bike anymore. :thumbdown:

Take it easy and do follow the Doctor's advice. Godspeed in recovery!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

I bought some magic grime to use on my builds. I just haven't gotten around to using it yet.

Every time I think about selling my '08 Honda VFR 800 I go for a ride and then remember why I like the bike. Owning another Miata will probably be the end of the bike though. Come spring I think the bike will be sold. Just don't get enough use out of it anymore. The bike was my "fun" vehicle and now the Miata is my fun vehicle again.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

EAO wrote:Herman,

That Magic Grime is like icing on the cake! I would have to say "More frosting Mom!!!" :D That is going to be one beauty of a Panther when all is said and done!

Sorry to hear about your ankle. Seems like it's one more thing that us and 43rdRR have in common. A poorly healed, torn Achille's Tendon from a 1988 crash that destroyed my beloved 1982 Suzuki Katana 1000, led to another torn tendon that was trying too hard to make up for the injured Achille's. Double ankle surgery in 2014 finally led to me hanging up my helmet for good, just can't hold up a heavy bike anymore. :thumbdown:

Take it easy and do follow the Doctor's advice. Godspeed in recovery!

Cheers,
Eric.
Cheers Mr EAO, I know the feeling of regret when losing a bike.
I gave up racing after the second season of what became the WSBK series back in the day.
I was in the support class & went on to get to 4th in the country in class after the nationals 2 seasons in a row.
Then one of the gang was killed in a car accident of all things, & things just fizzled out.
Everything sold off & next chapter of life begun :(

That stuff Mr Newboy makes is really good.
Just to qualify that...........IF you are/like what I would say is on the heavier side of weathering.
I am going to try diluting it a lot to reduce the texture density so it covers a bit less intensely.
Folks, this is only my humble observations on using it first time on a very small area, Mr Newboy has had a lot of practice to get his masterpieces looking like he does !
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long Builds”