PANTHER 111, 116TH WINDHUND Dv, HOUFFALIZE 1944

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: PANTHER 111, 116TH WINDHUND Dv, HOUFFALIZE 1944

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:clap: :clap: In total agreement with the foregoing plaudits, HB. The 'Magic Grime' really is... well...magic! It obviously takes an experienced hand to get the best out of it, and you've got two of those :D :thumbup: a Top job with some enviable refinements all round :clap:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Dr Phibes wrote:Herman! That is just a magnificent achievement! :clap: :clap:

What a superb Panther and representation of the 111. As I am, literally, getting ready to start my own Panther build I now have a first-class benchmark to help guide my own effort. There are other excellent Panthers here, of course, but your historical approach and truly skilful execution have given me ideas of my own already. I doubt I can match your work but it will be fun trying, and I might just be looking for some Pantheresque illumination in the future too!! :thumbup:

Thank you for the humble praise Dr, but Ive seen a working breach block in your tank destroyer, so Im certain you will wing through your Panther build easy ;)
Every tank version has certain signature points that make them this or that version, Panthers are no different.
In fact depending on the date, the version and the manufacturer, the outcome can be very narrowly defined.
Even down to where the crosses are placed.
Go your hardest mate, be great to see you in action again :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Herman,

What a beauty! Get her all set and enter her in December's TOTM. Louis won last month, so he's out this month, now's your chance!:D

How's your ankle doing? Still got a hitch in your giddy up?! 8O

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

- Atak Zim kit $45
- Voyager P/E $55
- H/L V6.1s electronics $111
- Taigen Metal roadwheels $60
- Taigen metal drive & idlers $20
- Taigen steel gearbox's $ 55
- Taigen closed pin winter tracks(imported) $150
- Tank V6 base model $300
- Blood , sweat & tears = priceless !

So about $796 Aus. Frankly, I am not so sure it would be any less in the US, perhaps even more costly. You are absolutely rightabout the B, S, & T: that's what makes you work so great!
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Mr Newboy must be quietly pissing himself with the reactions to first application of his grime product "they all do that every first time they use it, whats to worry about-Me & the grime have got this" !!
Well Mr Newboy, despite the u-tube videos its still a shock to the system when it goes on for the first time & you've had loads of practice :haha: :haha: :thumbup:
The Panther looks Great!! I'm glad you tried the Magic Grime! I have had this reaction before from customers, even after they watch the video they are amazed it is as user friendly and easy as it is. It took a lot of time and trial and error to develop. I understand the reaction though as people will watch a professional modeler put on a wash or a filter and they make it look easy and then when the average person tries it.... frustration and disappointment. I wanted it to be easy and achieve amazing results. Hopefully in time more people will enter modeling if it becomes easier. :thumbup: :thumbup:

If anyone would like to try some Magic Grime feel free to PM me! 8)
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

EAO wrote:Herman,

What a beauty! Get her all set and enter her in December's TOTM. Louis won last month, so he's out this month, now's your chance!:D

How's your ankle doing? Still got a hitch in your giddy up?! 8O

Cheers,
Eric.

Good point Mr E! I’m am getting to the last bits but as I can’t carry a tank, I need to rely on the wife to swap them over, and that is getting real old for her now!
We’ve spent far too much time together in the last 5 weeks and I am not a real good patient surprisingly enough.
I’m in the hospital now getting new X-rays done but at this stage it’s another 3 weeks in a cast then a possible operation to remove fragments :wtf:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:- Atak Zim kit $45
- Voyager P/E $55
- H/L V6.1s electronics $111
- Taigen Metal roadwheels $60
- Taigen metal drive & idlers $20
- Taigen steel gearbox's $ 55
- Taigen closed pin winter tracks(imported) $150
- Tank V6 base model $300
- Blood , sweat & tears = priceless !

So about $796 Aus. Frankly, I am not so sure it would be any less in the US, perhaps even more costly. You are absolutely rightabout the B, S, & T: that's what makes you work so great!
At least you have IMEX nearby and as such the postage is not as much as the parts!
The BS &T is all this hobby is about, without that there’s no point doing it.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Jnewboy wrote:
HERMAN BIX wrote:Mr Newboy must be quietly pissing himself with the reactions to first application of his grime product "they all do that every first time they use it, whats to worry about-Me & the grime have got this" !!
Well Mr Newboy, despite the u-tube videos its still a shock to the system when it goes on for the first time & you've had loads of practice :haha: :haha: :thumbup:
The Panther looks Great!! I'm glad you tried the Magic Grime! I have had this reaction before from customers, even after they watch the video they are amazed it is as user friendly and easy as it is. It took a lot of time and trial and error to develop. I understand the reaction though as people will watch a professional modeler put on a wash or a filter and they make it look easy and then when the average person tries it.... frustration and disappointment. I wanted it to be easy and achieve amazing results. Hopefully in time more people will enter modeling if it becomes easier. :thumbup: :thumbup:

If anyone would like to try some Magic Grime feel free to PM me! 8)
Thanks Mr Newboy , sure had a bit of wee come out when the first lot went on the paint, but I’m ok now!!
For me I can describe its application and outcome as “weathering for dummies” , no need to be an expert in pin wash, filtering, washing etc etc , just get it on, wipe it off then go get a drink ! ;)
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

HERMAN BIX wrote:

Hood point Mr E! I’m am getting to the last bits but as I can’t carry a tank, I need to rely on the wife to swap them over, and that is getting real old for her now!
We’ve spent far too much time together in the last 5 weeks and I am not a real good patient surprisingly enough.
I’m in the hospital now getting new X-rays done but at this stage it’s another 3 weeks in a cast then a possible operation to remove fragments :wtf:
Herman,

My Wife got real sick of me too! And fairly quickly! Apparently, I became very "needy and helpless", those were her exact words! :lolno: :/ Hope you get healed up quickly. Ankle surgery is a long road!

Regards,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Needy and helpless................thats also about what my status has been reduced to in this house :problem:

Im looking to finish this off finally and looking at the date most likely that the Panther was actually turned into the river.
The town was officially recaptured on Jan 16 1945, and no action with this tank was recorded on or before that day by the ground forces, so, timing of the recognised last major aerial bombing raid being the night of the 5-6th January by 90 RAF Lancasters, I'm putting the Panther out of action during this raid, making the timing of my model the morning 5th of Jan '45 taking up a blocking position covering the bridge which was a retreating route for remaining German forces.
This info is gleaned from lots of sources, which do not mention the tank as a feature at all.

Can anyone shed any more timing info on this please ?
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long Builds”