Stug iii build.

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Gillaspy2005
Lance Corporal

Stug iii build.

Post by Gillaspy2005 »

Hi all, thought I would share my stug iii build. Got the tank finished however have to put in the radio board, smoker etc. Have the gearboxes in though. This was a heng long build to get me back into the hobby, turned out hugely enjoying doing it!

Wanted one with schurtzen and thr pigs head mantlet. Fitted extra armour on the front glaicis, shot deflector on the cupola a few more bits too. Drilled out the air intakes to make them hollow and put some plasticard dividers in with grilles over the top, was lucky enough to see a stug iii at Bovington to check them out properlyImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Stug iii build.

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Where did you find the pigs head mate ?
Ive got alate StuG III on the list and it needs one.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Gillaspy2005
Lance Corporal

Post by Gillaspy2005 »

For the painting I decided to use the vallejo chipping fluid and paint this on between thr layers of the camouflage. Then peel it off and get the chipping effect which would be chipping rather than my painted attempts!!ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Gillaspy2005
Lance Corporal

Post by Gillaspy2005 »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Where did you find the pigs head mate ?
Ive got alate StuG III on the list and it needs one.
Got it from rctank.de a while ago. Just checked on there now and it's not there! Perhaps an email to see if they can get hold of any again? Sorry Mr Bix.

Gillaspy2005
Lance Corporal

Post by Gillaspy2005 »

Peeled the chipping solution off between the camo, its latex I think so just rubs off easily. The effects are pretty good I have to say will be using it again. Sprayed the schurtzen after I knew it was going to work!

Got the weathering and a lot more pics however I'll put them up tomorrow.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Gillaspy2005
Lance Corporal

Post by Gillaspy2005 »

Hey all, thought I'd get some more pics up. So got the filters on, got some washes added and then started adding streaking. Oil spills on the rear deck too.

Thus started out as a quick way to get me back into the hobby, erm morphed a bit!!ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Gillaspy2005
Lance Corporal

Post by Gillaspy2005 »

Rctank.de are stocking some stowage kits for the panzer iii, they're not bad at all. Figured I'd give them a go.

Painting of the cases and the tarps was good fun. Chipping on the Jerry cans as well. Messed about with where everything should go for a bit tooImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Gillaspy2005
Lance Corporal

Post by Gillaspy2005 »

Final few pics I promise!!

Got in touch with rad for some stencils after recommendations on here, they were excellent. Put the new girlfriends name on the side of the stug, she was surprisingly touched by her name being on the side of a ww2 war machine that brought death and destruction. I'm a proper charmer.

Schurtzen, aerials and tools added. Then some mud applied. Phew!ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Stupendous transformation Mr 2005

I might move this to H/L builds section eh, its well worth being in there.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Gillaspy2005
Lance Corporal

Post by Gillaspy2005 »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Stupendous transformation Mr 2005

I might move this to H/L builds section eh, its well worth being in there.
Thanks for that Mr Bix, just getting used to tapatalk, wouldn't believe I am an IT consultant would you ImageImage

Return to “Heng Long Builds”