Stug iii build.

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Stug iii build.

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Gillaspy2005 wrote:
HERMAN BIX wrote:Stupendous transformation Mr 2005

I might move this to H/L builds section eh, its well worth being in there.
Thanks for that Mr Bix, just getting used to tapatalk, wouldn't believe I am an IT consultant would you ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
She's right mate, I cant even spell Eye. Tea let alone work it proper ;)
I've managed to track down a Saukopf, just need to rob a bank to get it posted here :/ :crazy:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Gillaspy2005
Lance Corporal

Post by Gillaspy2005 »

HERMAN BIX wrote:
Gillaspy2005 wrote:
HERMAN BIX wrote:Stupendous transformation Mr 2005

I might move this to H/L builds section eh, its well worth being in there.
Thanks for that Mr Bix, just getting used to tapatalk, wouldn't believe I am an IT consultant would you ImageImage

She's right mate, I cant even spell Eye. Tea let alone work it proper ;)
I've managed to track down a Saukopf, just need to rob a bank to get it posted here :/ :crazy:
ImageImageImage yeah the problem for me earlier was a PICNIC error, problem in chair not in computer.

Glad that you managed to find one! Where did you find it out of interest? You will have to put a thread up when you start building. King tiger next for me although after viewing painless wolfs jagdtiger I am v tempted!

Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Nice StuG! :thumbup: :thumbup:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Where did you find the pigs head mate ?
Ive got alate StuG III on the list and it needs one.
I got one for my StuG IV from Asiatam, HB. It looks like one might still be available. However, I'm not sure if there's a significant difference between the Saukopf fitted to the StuG 111, and that found on the StuG IV.
https://www.asiatam.de/Panzerzubehoer/S ... lotte.html
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Gillaspy2005
Lance Corporal

Post by Gillaspy2005 »

43rdRecceReg wrote:
HERMAN BIX wrote:Where did you find the pigs head mate ?
Ive got alate StuG III on the list and it needs one.
I got one for my StuG IV from Asiatam, HB. It looks like one might still be available. However, I'm not if there's a significant difference between the Saukopf fitted to the StuG 111, and that found on the StuG IV.
https://www.asiatam.de/Panzerzubehoer/S ... lotte.html
Thats the one that I got, makes sense it being a bit different, caused me a few problems, wanted to go with the metal barrel for the stug originally. It wouldn't fit with the saukopf, had to revert it back to the original barrel and even then put spacers in if I remember correctly ( a while ago now!). Still it gives the effect I think. Something to be aware of though

ImageImage

LK88
Private

Post by LK88 »

stug is very nicely done, beautiful camouflage and chipping, I'm just a little sorry for the headlight with a diode, don't take it wrong, I'm new here, that light would help to perfect perfection
Rob59
Sergeant

Post by Rob59 »

Well...while we're talking about the headlight.....a pitty you did not take it off during your build.
I think, StuG's didn't even had that headlight on the right front fender, only the Notek headlight in the middle.
No offence, but you did a great job on your StuG anyway.
You can be proud!
Regards, Rob.

Return to “Heng Long Builds”