Heng Long Panzer IV F2

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
jee
Staff Sergeant

Heng Long Panzer IV F2

Post by jee »

Well came home today and was finally able to get the tank.
Everything looks ok.
Seems to be a bit older model with a 27mhz module. Guess why it was so cheap :D
But no problem, only a few parts more to upgrade, so more fun with it.

I am charging the battery now, although I will probably order a better one.
Another charger I already ordered and it is on it's way.

Unfortunately, after this, the tank will have to wait till end of October or so, as we started the built of our house and it seems we can do some trips too (so I have to work 8O )
Attachments
panzer IV 1.jpeg
panzer IV 1.jpeg (86.34 KiB) Viewed 1098 times
panzer IV 2.jpeg
panzer IV 2.jpeg (80.53 KiB) Viewed 1098 times
panzer IV 3.jpeg
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Heng Long Panzer IV F2

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Well, at least during your wait 'til October you can run it some to see what you want to rework besides the electronics. Here's to your having fun each step of the way!
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

Well, guess not necessary to start a new thread for a simple question.

I am looking to buy another tank (i think we all are :D) so I can buy a KV-1 pro with V6.0 electronics.

But for the same money I can also buy a KV-1 pro ánd a Jagdpanther pro with older electronics.

I dont mind the older electronis, I can upgrade that in the future whenever I want.
But is the model itself the same, or are the newer models also updated and better (scale) looking?

Thanks for your great answer, and dont forget to have a nice weekend!
Regards,
Rob1970
Corporal

Post by Rob1970 »

I don't think Heng Long changed much beyond the electronics on their tanks (but I could be wrong...) Now, where do you plan to score that deal? I'm looking (not very hard, SWMBO is watching...) for a Jagdpanther...
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
Under construction; Sherman Firefly IC - M3 Grant - Sherman BARV
... No, I do not have a problem....
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

Rob1970 wrote:I don't think Heng Long changed much beyond the electronics on their tanks (but I could be wrong...) Now, where do you plan to score that deal? I'm looking (not very hard, SWMBO is watching...) for a Jagdpanther...
Hi Rob,

well, here: https://rctank-club.ru/goods/Heng-Long- ... show_tab_2
newest KV-1 v6 is 18990, old KV-1 and old jagdpanther are both 8500, so together cheaper.
Now to convince my wife this is a great deal :D

But I doubt it will be interesting for you :D
Regards,
Rob1970
Corporal

Post by Rob1970 »

Yeah... It's not easy to shop outisde the EU, and it's kinda hard to shop in Russia... Good luck convincing the missus.
I have a bunch of old 27Mhz and TK5.something tanks all waiting for the conversion, and it's very doable. Invest in a box of the right connectors and a pair of the right crimping pliers and you can make/convert your own wiring. At the moment I am hunting for a third(!) Sherman for a project, and I missed out on the few I found going cheap and second hand online, so the hunt is still on...
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
Under construction; Sherman Firefly IC - M3 Grant - Sherman BARV
... No, I do not have a problem....

Return to “Heng Long Builds”