Project: V6.0 Airsoft and IR Firefly Turret

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Project: V6.0 Airsoft and IR Firefly Turret

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good Morning, Roy!
Sherman in the Sun. Covers it ( and all of the hard work ( fun ) neatly. ;o)
regards,
Painless
Many thanks, Painless, and for the support throughtout!.
Curiously, I didn't set out with the aim of building a Firefly and, given the sometimes fraught nature of discussions on the Sherman theme, thought it better to confine myself to the turret mod only. Even there, of course, Herman's 'Rubik's Cube' of detail variations awaited. :shifty: :D
In the end, simply starting and finishing a project, has given me the most satisfaction. Like many, I expect, typically I get to 95% completion with a project, before the lure of another becomes irresistible. :problem: :/
I could adorn it with netting and baggage but, for the moment, it's in combat rather than travel mode. :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Roy, thank you for posting the information on the HengLong TK6.0/6.1 and TK6.0s. Amid all the Taigen tanks running about my place, I have very few HengLong tanks. But my recent HengLong Sherman 105 bender brought me up to the more recent HengLong electronics. So this is a help.
...and a big THANKS! to you too, Prof. :thumbup: One of my aims in providing as much detail of a build, or 'enhancement' project, is that of leaving a trail of useful hints and tips- for anyone who wishes to follow. If I make mistakes- I do it so that you don't have to repeat them. You can happily repeat the things I get right.
If my tracks lead down a rabbit hole, you'll know not to follow..... :D

Suddenly, I can hear Grace Slick singing: "...One pill makes you larger.."
(White Rabbit- and I once saw Jefferson Airplane live, along with Pink Floyd, Santana, Country Joe, The Byrds, Zappa, Canned heat, Zeppelin and many more, at the Bath Festival of Blues and Progressive Music, Shepton Mallet June, 1970!)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_Fest ... sive_Music

Three days of 'far out' music, and only a plastic sheet to keep warm with. Sadly, that day, Grace was silenced by a lot of rain- but the Byrds came on and did an acoustic 'unplugged' set.
Yay!.
Those were the days... ;)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Roy, does the name Mary Hopkin sound at all familiar? "Those were the days, my friend." I had to look it up. (On RCTW, we need a smilie for old age. :O)

Return to “Heng Long Builds”