Project: V6.0 Airsoft and IR Firefly Turret

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Project: V6.0 Airsoft and IR Firefly Turret

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Ad Lav wrote:Perfect :)
Phew! Thanks, Adam. Yes, it does add a little extra novelty to the build. It's tricky to do though, especially with my aged hands and peepers.
I got a pack of these (below) just around Christmas with a view to blending my own shades from base colours. They even came with a wee palette, and a few decent brushes- although I have already amassed two ten-packs of top-quality brushes, or various sizes. This kit proved to be handy when painting tank crew, where it was difficult to find Vallejo, AK, or Tamiya shades that were correct for things like medal ribbons, and epaulette or shoulder board piping.
All I need now is the beret, smock, and rakish moustache...eh?,,,..and a shapely model (one with nice accessories, of course :P ) :D

............. A Churchill, perhaps ;)

"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

43rdRR,

Man, you do nice work! :thumbup: That really makes the Firefly look great! I've always found attempts at disguising cannon barrels very interesting and intriguing. I agree with Ad Lav...Perfect! :clap:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

EAO wrote:43rdRR,

Man, you do nice work! :thumbup: That really makes the Firefly look great! I've always found attempts at disguising cannon barrels very interesting and intriguing. I agree with Ad Lav...Perfect! :clap:

Cheers,
Eric.
You're generous to a fault, Eric, and gentlemanly- as ever :thumbup: Thanks very much :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Finally connected all the wiring up- loosely, just to test all functions. I shall post pics of the connectors later, as the diags from HL for the V6.0 series don't actually show the
colours of the wires involved. Red and black are not sufficient; there are blues, yellows and more involved- thus connecting to the MFU requires a bit of thought.

Anyway, it WORKS! One of these days. I shall create a movie account but, for the moment, here are some stills of the first start up- and first floor-trial :D .
Incidentally, I had to pair/bind the V6.0s with a new transmitter. This is the procedure:
(Assuming all requisite fully charged batteries in place :/ ) Ensure no other MFU's and transmitters are switched on in the room.
1. Switch transmitter TX on.
2. Press and holdthe 'starter' key button on the TX
3. Switch the tank's power switch ON. That should do it!
Switch on:
rear lights and smoker:
Floor and turret tests:

So...the model that started life as a bog-standard HL M4A3, is now, after major plastic surgery and 'butt lift,' a fully functional BB/IR capable Firefly M4 (welded) 1c. It's based, in the main, on the Tamiya M4 1c 1/48 scale model, and what it would have looked like, if they'd had the good sense to produce it in 1/16th scale!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Nice! (Then, too, the directions on binding the TX and RX will be useful to me and to those new to these tanks. I've had not experience binding HengLong TX/RX, for my only other stock HengLong tank is with crystals! Now, however, I just got two HengLong Shermans [lost self-control] with TX6.0: my first HengLong tanks in almost ten years, the rest being Taigen/Torro or Taigen.)
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

43rdRR,

Boy, that turned out nice! Love the 3rd shot with it going away from the camera, leaving a trail of smoke behind it! :clap: Sherman's were one tank that we know smoked like a dumpster fire! :haha:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

BRAVO! Well Done. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Many, many thanks, Prof, Eric, and Barry!. :thumbup: (That's: 'Moran Moran Taing!' in Scots Gaelic, by the way! The equivalent, anyway, Prof.)
I still have a few refinements in mind but, for the moment- the tank's a runner- and that's more than I can say for those waiting for surgery on my tank 'Maintenance Unit' shelves. :/ :D A familiar story here for many, I'd guess. :shh:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

'Moran Moran Taing!' I am glad you explained. At first glance, I thought you were naming some contemporary rock or jazz group. :P
Herr Dr. Professor Wiseguy ;D
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:'Moran Moran Taing!' I am glad you explained. At first glance, I thought you were naming some contemporary rock or jazz group. :P
Herr Dr. Professor Wiseguy ;D
:D

Yes, well that's always a possibility. :)
After all, 'The 'Pogues' took their name from Irish Gaelic (It's derived from "Pogue mahone'/ póg mo thóin- and that means: Kiss my a**e :shh:). I think a band with the 'many thanks' would be a tad less unsavoury. :thumbup: :D

Return to “Heng Long Builds”