Stug 3g

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Stug 3g

Post by tomhugill »

ronnie42 wrote:Aber clamps , a good video from a man in japan shows how easy they are to make. Still can' t do them on the 1st attempt :(
I guess if you're good at something it looks easy!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
I see that the Detail Devil has ol' Tom by the lapels and is forcing him to do the devil's work on this StuG. It certainly is paying off tho' Going to be another Beauty!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Jimster wrote:I love the lights. They add so much eye candy to a tank.
100%, I never used to fit them, but with the modern led size comming right down it's much easier and with warm white looks really realistic
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good Morning,
I see that the Detail Devil has ol' Tom by the lapels and is forcing him to do the devil's work on this StuG. It certainly is paying off tho' Going to be another Beauty!
regards,
Painless
You have a great way with words! He certainly is. I think a littlw extra at this stage will pay dividends further on. I like how varied the stugs camo was so should be able to find a scheme I like
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

I've been a bit tardy in updating this one. I decided to go with a two colour scheme. Markings are stenciled one based on what I had available so not 100% accurate, but who counting.

Going for the fairly worn late war look. Painted and modulated using ak and ammo paints. Chipping with hairspray technique. After chipping future clear is applied and pin washes undertaken. All the little bits like tools and periscope lenses are painted at this stage. Next stage will be oils weathering, mud and final completion.

I did buy some winter tracks to put on this but sadly they don't fit with the skirts. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Tom,

And here I thought it looked good to begin with!!! :wtf: Amazing transformation! :thumbup: It seems we have a Stug thing going on right now, which is just fine with me! I've always liked them since I had a kit of one when I was around 13 years old or so. So much variety can be had with them, just like Sherman's. Very cool!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

EAO wrote:Tom,

And here I thought it looked good to begin with!!! :wtf: Amazing transformation! Image It seems we have a Stug thing going on right now, which is just fine with me! I've always liked them since I had a kit of one when I was around 13 years old or so. So much variety can be had with them, just like Sherman's. Very cool!

Cheers,
Eric.
Thank you!

tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Some more weathering today, streaking and fading with oils. A little rust as well on the sheet metal pieces.

I've ordered some ostketten tracks for it off forgebear ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Tom,

Ostketten will look great on that beauty. Love the antennas too. I really like the rough look of the schurzen, and and the general wear and tear on the rest of it. TOTM contender for sure! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Heng Long Builds”