Sherman Jumbo Turret

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
KV1Fan
Recruit

Sherman Jumbo Turret

Post by KV1Fan »

Hi all-

Does anyone know if there are any resin Sherman Jumbo turrets? I think a gentleman by the name of Nick Aguilar used to make them. I think I can scratch build one if I have to, but with all the subtle curves, it may be tricky.

Thanks,

Matt
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Sherman Jumbo Turret

Post by c.rainford73 »

Hi Matt, I believe Ludwig's has a kit

https://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/Sher ... Jumbo.html

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Nick still makes them to the best of my knowledge, I bought a couple of his early 75mm turrets fairly recently so I think he's still in the game even if he's not actively building tanks any more :thumbup:
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

If you do a search for Nick's name on this forum you should be able to find a thread with his email address. I used his jumbo parts for mine and it is a great kit.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

And shipping will be cheaper for you in the states, and you won't get stung with import duties like us Brits :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

I was going to used the mato turret when I do one and just change the barrel and maybe make the mantlet a little better, but yeah Ludwig does the kit. Which I believe has the turret with metal bits and the armour plates for the hull, again with metal bits
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Could one of our experienced forum members use their 3D wizardry and print one? Or possibly a kit?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Tanks alot.... :wave:
LordPanzer
Lance Corporal

Post by LordPanzer »

Picked this Jumbo up used alittle while ago part of a group buy. Already have a Easy8 upper hull and turret coming to me and will not be using these. Its in a bit of rough shape and needs more TLC that I'm able to provide. I'm not sure who was the manufacturer though. ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Return to “General Questions”