My Stug III build

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
SEAN66
Private

Re: My Stug III build

Post by SEAN66 »

Image that didn't work lol.
Regards
Sean
H/L Challenger 2
H/L Stug III (Building)
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Sorry mate, they didnt work.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
SEAN66
Private

Post by SEAN66 »

Cheers Herman
Ill have another look at it
I think the google dint work because it stayed in the albums that aren’t public
Regards
Sean
H/L Challenger 2
H/L Stug III (Building)
SEAN66
Private

Post by SEAN66 »

Hi all
it looks like the photos wont post over due to them been held on Google Photo album.
looking at other sources but not sure what is compatible with this forum.

so the picture I tried to post yesterday was of the resin front sitting too high (1-2mm) due to the gearboxes sitting above the line of the hull (if you need to visualize you can look on Painless wolfs build to help). so to remedy this problem I have ordered a set of lo profile gearboxes from RCTANK.DE after a bit of thought I decided to go the full hog and ordered the sprocket, return rollers, roadwheels, track, tensioners and suspension for the lower hull all in Metal (in for a penny in for a pound (or a few euro's lol)). :wtf: :thumbup:
regards
Sean
H/L Challenger 2
H/L Stug III (Building)
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

If I try the links I get the ame error message each time -

404. That’s an error.

The requested URL was not found on this server. That’s all we know.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
SEAN66
Private

Post by SEAN66 »

hi all.
just a quick update.
I received the Haynes manual on the Stug for help, I can recommend it very interesting read and some nice line drawings and pictures.
The postman should be dropping the first of my purchases off today.
Hopefully to start on the lower hull at the weekend.
I'm splitting the build into three pieces.
the lower hull (upgrading to all metal wheels tracks and suspension. also bought some low profile metal gearboxes (the old ones were 1-2 mm too high for the Stug)
then the inside of the hull (need to decide if upgrading all electrics or stay with the older version, will also need a new battery and controller)
will cut out the battery box, there are a few full width pieces of plastic that connect the sides and the molded connection lugs on the lower hull (thinking of cutting these out as well but not sure what it would do to the rigidity of the lower hull.
then I will work on the upper hull (there was about a 1mm gap between the upper Stug superstructure and the rear of the Pzr III hull but once I get the low profile gearboxes in that might help it disappear)
H/L Challenger 2
H/L Stug III (Building)
SEAN66
Private

Post by SEAN66 »

Received in the mail yesterday,
my new low profile metal gearboxes (dry fit they don't protrude above the hull so front hull sits better.
all metal tracks, road wheels , sprockets, return rollers, suspension and track tensioners.quick turn around time and delviery from RCTANK.De

hopefully will have time this weekend to test fit them all.
regards
Sean
H/L Challenger 2
H/L Stug III (Building)
SEAN66
Private

Post by SEAN66 »

hello all.
the build hit a slow couple of months (moved home)
but now starting to work on it again wheels are off and just trying to figure out how to take the return rollers off.
a local store is selling red primer and Panzer grey spray paint today (off after work to get a few cans)
so hope fully this weekend I will get to spray the lower hull and wheels red primer.
After going through the bag of bits I got with the Stug the only glaring thing missing is the single gunners periscope. ive been trying to find one
I found a site that sold one but lost it when tried to go back to order :{
regards
Sean
H/L Challenger 2
H/L Stug III (Building)

Return to “Heng Long Builds”