Heng Long Sherman M4A1 (75)

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Heng Long Sherman M4A1 (75)

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Sorry, I couldn't resist :D

It's a shame it appears a rush job, but I don't dislike them that much, I must have a few of them kicking about ;) LOL
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

As my old chief engineer was found of saying "I'm not saying that there's necessarily anything wrong with it, but it offends my eyes..."
Again, to be fair to whom ever modeled the Mato - its not like I haven't done something in CAD, thought it looked ok, printed it out, examined it, binned it, and went back to the CAD for another go... :{

And they would have had to do this in the days before the luxury of inexpensive 3D printing - even making soft tooling for injection moulds is an expensive hobby 8O
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Yeah, that chief engineer was right if he saw the Mato hull ;)
A lot of the time back in the day, they made a master to copy, so there wasn't really any excuse, the original pattern maker and who accepted his interpretation are to blame.
I've just made myself laugh, I've been trying to decide for a week or so whether I need another Mato Sherman, and I've just counted what I already have, I already have 5 :haha: :haha:

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Honestly I was that impressed with my mato upper I ordered a resin one. To mount on hl lower. I have started on the turret. Just waiting for filler to set.

In other news I have a toro early tiger for sale. I will list it properly later
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Exhibitedbrute wrote:Honestly I was that impressed with my mato upper I ordered a resin one. To mount on hl lower.
If you were impressed with the Mato one, why did you feel the need for a resin one :think:

Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
Exhibitedbrute wrote:Honestly I was that impressed with my mato upper I ordered a resin one. To mount on hl lower.
If you were impressed with the Mato one, why did you feel the need for a resin one :think:
There’s a hint of sarcasm in there somewhere. The mato one is terrible. But there are resin ones available or there’s one on shapeways
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Estnische

Post by Estnische »

I'm a bit frustrated about the rear air cleaners for a M4A1 - they're quite visible from the rear so I need to include them and there are a few options:

Mato - whatever Mato parts are out there, they don't appear to be available.

Tamiya - they're on sprue B, which is available, at great expense. The sprue is itself is cheap and comes with extra goodies such as rear doors and exhausts. $10-15 AUD from either ETO or Axel's - but the postage is fecking outrrrrrrageous! Add $50 on top.

Shapeways - forum member Woz has them already designed. But by the time you add up Shapeways charges, its not much different to Tamiya parts.

So its about time my 3D printer was put to use. The complex curves were a bit more than my rudimentary Sketch-up skills could deliver, so I got my designer son to make them for me in Rhino.

Three coats of primer and sanding later....

If any one would like use my STL files, just pm me.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

That's the tea and coffee sorted, where's the sugar one :think:

They look fantastic Mr Estnische :thumbup: :clap:

I will most certainly be pestering someone to print them for me :D

Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:And you're correct about Nick's hull, it is very nice :thumbup: just a shame he doesn't do a small hatch version, otherwise I would have had at least three off of him.
Ludwig have small hatch M4A1 hull but it's hidden on site :)
https://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/m32%20Sherman.html
Attachments
m32 oberwanne (1).jpg
m32 oberwanne (1).jpg (44.37 KiB) Viewed 2357 times
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Oooh, thank you Mr Kaczor :thumbup:

Looks like you've given Ludwig my first ever order :haha:

Return to “Heng Long Builds”