A Major Project for a Captain. Sturmpanzer IV Brummbär

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
X82d Pathfinder
Corporal

A Major Project for a Captain. Sturmpanzer IV Brummbär

Post by X82d Pathfinder »

Well, a great gentleman who frequents this forum donated some Panzer IV components, part of a Heng Long Panzer IV and a Profiline early Brummbar citadel.
At the time I was overwhelmed with medical issues. Sometimes through the grace of God our lives upright themselves.
I have been inundated with training, schooling, divorce and relocation not to mention a lot of time on the flight deck of an aircraft. Life is slowing down a bit so I am jumping head first into this project. As some of you know, I am the author and scratch builder of the M4 Sherman Firefly build titled: "It begins! M4A1 Sherman Firefly" in the Tamiya build section.
I will be starting the build and posting the updates in a step by step fashion as I did the previous build. Sadly, I can't find a lot of reference material for this build so I have purchased the 1/35 Dragon kit to use as reference.

Anyway, I hope it's enjoyable for those who follow the build and I don't have nearly the spare time I did with the first build so it may be at a bit slower rate than the previous build.
-Dan
A Commander has to make vital decision on incomplete information in a matter of seconds, and afterwards the experts can sit down at leisure, with all the facts before them, and argue about what he might, could or should have done.- Sir William Slim
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Re: A Major Project for a Captain. Sturmpanzer IV Brummbär

Post by sassgrunt »

Hey Dan;

The Panzer Tracts series of books recently came out with volume 8-1 Sturmpanzer, and it's specifically about Brummbars. I have always been confused by the connection between the short/long gun muzzle and the early/late drive sprocket on the first-built ones. This is a great book and finally cleared all of that up for me. Very worth your while if you need references! -Mike
PS - Glad to see you back!
X82d Pathfinder
Corporal

Re: A Major Project for a Captain. Sturmpanzer IV Brummbär

Post by X82d Pathfinder »

Mike:
I found it on Amazon sitting in the lounge here waiting for incoming equipment. I pulled the trigger and bought it.

-Dan
A Commander has to make vital decision on incomplete information in a matter of seconds, and afterwards the experts can sit down at leisure, with all the facts before them, and argue about what he might, could or should have done.- Sir William Slim

Return to “Heng Long Builds”