RAMSCHAUFELPANZER PANTHER

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
c.rainford73
Major

Re: RAMSCHAUFELPANZER PANTHER

Post by c.rainford73 »

wibblywobbly wrote:This is going to be:

a. Awesome.
b. Unique.
c. Barking Mad

Please select one of the above (or all of them). :clap:
All I say!
Tanks alot.... :wave:
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

I've got a berge panther to build here in the near future, so I'll be looking for some tips along the way!

Bill
"Yeah, but it's a dry heat!"
Private Hudson (Bill Paxton) ALIENS
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Gents you are too kind !...............
Thanks to an actual mountain of info gifted by a member here, I have all and more of the details required to make a 'D'
The question now is, how to actually do it.

Ive sanded the bits off that need to go. The 'modern' G mg ball position is filled, still to be putty coated.
The rear deck is clear of the G trappings, like the intake hood and crew heater-again still putty to be added & sanded.
The vent grilles are swapped out with the wavy style grilles out of a Pantiger deck. Not perfect tailor made, but very good enough.
The chin on the mantlet is gone, replaced by a section of electrical conduit donated late last night by the Father -In-Law. Ole Barrie got the call at 2130hrs & was up for the challenge. Got the daughter to chauffeur my half cut ass around there to pick up the stuff. I set it in place while waiting for the motogp to begin (damn if THAT didnt near kill me :/ )
Inch & a Quarter conduit has exactly the right radius to match the Panther mantlet curve.........who'd of thunk it ;)

So, I'm getting the shape & look required.
Lots of filling with putty(which Im out of) and consequential sanding to do, rear plate to alter & clean, and then the side armour (got to get material yet) that has a raft of interlocking joints that are the essential look of a 'D' .
Attachments
P8110013.JPG
P8110012.JPG
THANKS 'PA'
THANKS 'PA'
P8110011.JPG (52.41 KiB) Viewed 2709 times
ENGINE DECK LOOKING MUCH BETTER
ENGINE DECK LOOKING MUCH BETTER
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

That looks excellent Herman :clap: :clap:

I've been looking at the curves of plumbing and conduit tubes for a while now. I wanted to experiment with their plastic and Heng Long plastic with various glues, like the plumbing variety for one. Therefore I must ask, what glue did you use to stick the mantlet together?
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Slow cure Selley’s gel super glue.
It’s a high impact resistant version.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Herman resourceful excellence! Following along with your progress :wave:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

This is another one of those motivational threads that keep me upgrading my tank. Thanks.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Little details done today.
Recovered the intake grille ring from my donor Pantiger. Used a step drill to bore the centre hole out to accept a left over Taigen King Tiger engine deck mesh P.E. patch underneath it.
Its ok & will pass for the thing it needs to be.
I processed the exhausts, again from the donor Pantiger. The rounded housings were carefully recovered, sanded, and the plastic tubes cut off.
Ive drilled the housings out to accept brass tube(toob to you left hand drivers!) that I will try to form the curved elbow section into at some stage.
Next available opportunity I need to get more putty and the styrene sheet for the side and sponson/panier armour.

Driver & radio/machinegunner escape hatches next I think.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Slow cure Selley’s gel super glue.
It’s a high impact resistant version.
Thank you.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

I really like where you're going with this, Herman. I'll get you that Panther D cupola I owe you next week, I look forward to seeing you put it to good use!

Return to “Heng Long Builds”