RAMSCHAUFELPANZER PANTHER

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Marco Peter
Sergeant

Re: RAMSCHAUFELPANZER PANTHER

Post by Marco Peter »

This turned out REALLY nice!
1:16 was my scale. Until 'Konan' came into my life... an Armortek 1:6 Tiger 1!
... Now followed by a Panther G, 'Gunther'!

I'm a happy man. 8)
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Wildboar44 wrote:Once again Mr Bix a superb build and completion. Thank you for sharing.
Thanks Mr Boar, I too am one that cannot cope with incomplete build threads!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Jimster wrote:Absolutely beautiful. First class modeling all the way and for sure a future TOTM winner. Your weathering and scratch building make it a cut above.
Cheers Mr Jimster, I reckon I'm far from first class, there are some here that transcend the hobby into an art/engineering-form that keeps us all striving to achieve.
As long as I get a model close to what I feel is right, is practical, robust, and reasonably reliable(as much as a converted H/L can be ;) ) then Im happy.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Marco Peter wrote:This turned out REALLY nice!
Appreciate your credit Mr Peter, your super-scale machines are still the pinnacle of our hobby, and one that glows like impossible treasure..........
I wonder how your thing would go with a filthy great blade on the front hmm?? ;) :haha:
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jimbo_wa
Corporal

Post by jimbo_wa »

Lovely work, in lieu of any chance of snow will you be creating havoc in the kids sandpit ‘playing’ with the dozer blade?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Trora
Corporal

Post by Trora »

Can i ask for a faible ?

Can you show me a few detail pics from your Kuppel ? The inside Details ? I want to build mine for opening

Thats what i have

Gr Ralf
Would like to go home
STHV
Lance Corporal

Post by STHV »

Trora wrote:Can i ask for a faible ?

Can you show me a few detail pics from your Kuppel ? The inside Details ? I want to build mine for opening

Thats what i have

Gr Ralf
I think i can help here!

Despite the Panther D's cupolas crude appearance its weirdly complicated and might require you to build a totally new one
It is rather unique as the outer drum walls rotate to cover the vision blocks

First off here are some hi res images of the Breda Panther D, note that this cupola is rather badly damaged, has been welded up in many places and is missing the original hatch

And here are two historical images showing the hatch open although you can't really see inside
https://gyazo.com/555ed1c1aaef7421913a90085f00a8d1
https://gyazo.com/23df4ca5e631ef96346ce0944df75f18

As for the Interior of the Cupola i have not been able to find any real images, however i have the next best things!
A cut away diagram:
https://gyazo.com/1d62533748f9652300915e46cd8c5bf7
And a fully functional and quite accurate 3D recreation from the game/simulator IL-2 Tank Crew:
https://youtu.be/8dFLH4flZHs?t=616

I hope this helps! And if you have any other questions about the Panther i'd be happy to help!
Panther Ausf D (WIP)
Panther Ausf A mit Brückentafel (WIP)
Panther Ausf G (WIP)
Jagdpanther G2 (WIP)
Tiger II (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. VIII Maus V2 (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf L (WIP)
Sd.Kfz. 234/2 (WIP)
Leopard 1A4/1A1A1 (WIP)
Turm III (WIP)
VK 45.01 (H) (WIP)
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Outstanding info Mr STHV , thanks for your help.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

The cupola that was from Asiatam (thanks again Mr Raminator) is also very spartan on detail inside,
Mine has a simple but ineffective locator for a basic pivot point, and nothing else.
Using the cut away drawings that Mr STHV provided is the best bet.
Attachments
7928C6E8-7E49-402B-A89B-914DAD8AE386.jpeg
7928C6E8-7E49-402B-A89B-914DAD8AE386.jpeg (72.9 KiB) Viewed 3030 times
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Marco Peter
Sergeant

Post by Marco Peter »

HERMAN BIX wrote:
Marco Peter wrote:This turned out REALLY nice!
Appreciate your credit Mr Peter, your super-scale machines are still the pinnacle of our hobby, and one that glows like impossible treasure..........
I wonder how your thing would go with a filthy great blade on the front hmm?? ;) :haha:
Well... two answers to that...

- The shape of the Panther's front is already a killer, if you hit human legs with this 140kg beast it literally stops for nothing!
- A friend of mine has a unique Armortek Bergepanther and it has a spade on the back. Steel. It's a killer. Really savage.

1:16 was my scale. Until 'Konan' came into my life... an Armortek 1:6 Tiger 1!
... Now followed by a Panther G, 'Gunther'!

I'm a happy man. 8)

Return to “Heng Long Builds”