RAMSCHAUFELPANZER PANTHER

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: RAMSCHAUFELPANZER PANTHER

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Gillaspy2005 wrote:Thats superb, unusual and so well done. Image

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Cheers Mr Gillaspy, the quest for the unusual is unending I feel !!
Seems that no matter how determined a builder is to do something different, someone has already done it ! :/ :haha:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:"Toned it right down & added a bit of Tamiya Weathering Master 'C' silver & gun metal to the lower blade, with a bit of MIG 3013 Rubble pigment for the upper blade mixed with 3004 Europe Earth & Soilworks Mars Rust, applied with diluted PVA, with Soilworks 'Gypsum' brushed on with a makeup brush to add a lightening effect in places."

Now there's a lesson in weathering! If I got that right, I could use diluted PVA as a fixer for pigments, right? That's a lot cheaper than buying pigment fixer!
Thanks for looking in Prof, yes, you would be right to use PVA as a pigment fixer, it works for me, and seems very robust.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Raminator wrote:What a spectacular end result, Herman! You really nailed the effects on the dozer blade, it looks every bit like a dusty and rusty slab of steel.

Thanks Mr Raminator, it took a bit of adding this & that, but it has gone close to what I thought it should look like.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

LK88 wrote:you had a very original idea and idea and here you have just as well reached the very end, you have an original machine that will interest everyone, I like working on our machines with metals, sometimes it looks like a jeweler, I really congratulate you on a unique model
Much appreciated Mr LK88, as long as it looks close to the one in the period picture, thats mission accomplished.
Different it is, I sometimes wonder why the hassle, but its worth it in the end.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Will01Capri wrote:Looking super good. Would like to see some videos and more pictures :)
Soon you shall mate, I really do need to just get in and finish it off.
Ive been a bit tardy recently with getting each model actually fully completed, just seem to leave a little bit off, then feel unfulfilled & go back & sign the thing off properly.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ad Lav wrote:Not checked in on this for a while - looking great! Love the blade!
G'day Mr Lav, thanks for checking in when you can. The blade is a hell of a feature, but there is always a way to do it better after the fact eh !!, as we always seem to learn :/ :eh:
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long Builds”