RAMSCHAUFELPANZER PANTHER

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: RAMSCHAUFELPANZER PANTHER

Post by BarryC »

HERMAN BIX wrote:
BarryC wrote:
HERMAN BIX wrote: (if ever) it gets there :/
I feel the same with my approaching 4 years in the works project! :O

Glad I could help.

Barry
Yeah, but thats only 5 minutes in your actual years :think: ;)
:haha: :haha:
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Been a while...............house move, end of year dramas with work, the usual :/

Finally secured the blade to the Panther hull.
Top mounting arms soldered to the upper blade and they're pretty robust.
The arms are bolted to the hull through the normal shackle points with 3mm hex head cap bolts with nylock nuts.
Now done, I can get on with the internals & look to secure the hull halves ready for final assembly and detailing.
Perfect or not, its gong to be a fair representation of a 'D', let alone an example of what the sole Ramschaufelpanzer might have looked like.
Attachments
PC050011.JPG
PC050011.JPG (65.01 KiB) Viewed 2267 times
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Wildboar44
Corporal

Post by Wildboar44 »

Love the work on the brass, it brings character to the finish that styrene can't. Awesome work
Yesterday is our history, Tomorrow is an eternal mistery, Today is a gift, its why its called "The Present".
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Nothing screams progress like primer !!
Attachments
PC080011.JPG
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I counted rivets.................well, the holes for them anyway.
Theres 49 along the top edge of the blade that secures the angled edge to the blade plates.............all 0.5mm diameter & 3 drill bits later. :problem:
I think I should have spaced them better to get the 50.
Keeping with the quintessential German efficiency of things, 49 seems an odd number :think:
Dress making pins will provide the right look.
Also got the exhaust tube support bracket strap fab'd up out of P.E. sprue. Just have to get it assembled and on.
The rear plate has a bit to do on it to get it close to a 'D' spec.
For starters I overlooked the 'G' towing hitch. The 'D' did not have one.
Its gone now, in a swift and brutal act of screwdriver savagery, levered out of its mounting slots & flung to the wind.
Once its cleansed of my shortsightedness and the putty dries, the jack holders will be added.
After the pain in the but-tockks that was the spare track hangers I made on my Zu-fuss Panther ages ago & swore I would never make them again, I went in search of 'bought ones'........
Yeah, easy?.....nah!........nope, cant find them.
Any direction gratefully accepted, but not if they need to come from Asiatam :problem:
Its all about outer hull detailing now, then running gear & paint.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
STHV
Lance Corporal

Post by STHV »

Ludwig now has a set for the Ausf D/A
Panther Ausf D (WIP)
Panther Ausf A mit Brückentafel (WIP)
Panther Ausf G (WIP)
Jagdpanther G2 (WIP)
Tiger II (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. VIII Maus V2 (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf L (WIP)
Sd.Kfz. 234/2 (WIP)
Leopard 1A4/1A1A1 (WIP)
Turm III (WIP)
VK 45.01 (H) (WIP)
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

That plough seems to tell me that making track hangers out of the spare brass will be a piece of cake for you :D
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

ronnie42 wrote:That plough seems to tell me that making track hangers out of the spare brass will be a piece of cake for you :D
Damn !! You weren’t supposed to say that :think:
Your right of course, but after doing one set I promised myself to buy the next one!
It’s a moral thing :/
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Been a bit slow here with the xmas over-indulgence time upon us.
Have got on with making a set of spare track hangers much against my better judgement and common sense.
They are not perfect but will do as this wont have any track links hung.
The probable blade support wheels (and they are only probable due to no info, and pics of a wheel on the front of the blade) have been secured & seem to offer the right representation.
Pz1 3D printed leading roadwheels are fitted to spare Taigen Tiger swing arms that are drilled out & soldered to a brass tube(toob for you left -hand drivers!)
Ive doubled up on the base plate section of this as its going to see a lot of force when its being used.
Now I have to get the elevation screw & handwheel on.
Sure doesn't look like much, but there was a lot of hit & miss that went into it.

The exhaust support straps were also made out of Aber Panther schurzen plate sprue left over from a mates project.
Its a good enough impression of one but they dont photograph very well !

Once the blade support is done, I can fit the detail bits & move to paint.
Attachments
PC260013.JPG
PC260011.JPG
TIGER SUSPENSION ARMS RECYCLED!
TIGER SUSPENSION ARMS RECYCLED!
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

This is going to be a truly unique model in this scale! :clap:

Great work thus far Herman. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci

Return to “Heng Long Builds”