My Tiger Tank Project

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
c.rainford73
Major

Re: My Tiger Tank Project

Post by c.rainford73 »

I think they were s-mine launchers possibly a bit later than yours.....
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Here's what I was thinking ..... located on another site.Image

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

The Tiger 1 Turret Smoke Dischargers were first fitted in August 1942 and they were no longer installed after June 1943,
Tank Body Mounted "S" Mine Dischargers were first fitted in January 1943 they were no longer installed after October 1943,
Of course Tigers already fitted with Smoke Dischargers and "S" Mine Dischargers would often keep them long after the date that they were no longer a factory fit.
You say that you are going to fit the Turret rear Baggage Bin, well that went on from January 1943 and as the Track Cable went on from September 1942 you might give some thought to fitting that on the left side of your Tiger as well.
Aber make a Tow and Track Cable Set. Part number 16-030,
If your Tow Cables are the Aber ones then of course you already have the Track Cables,
Their is an easy way of making the loops for the Track cables,
Instead of winding the wire that Aber provides just slide a pre-cut length of heat shrink tube of the correct size along the cable then form the loop and slide the heat shrink over the two parts of wire that make the loop and Heat the Heat shrink Job Done.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Jimster wrote:I’m thinking TK 22 and a Spektrum radio controller. Any negatives to this setup?
I see this question got lost in the mix, Jimster. Well, I've not had any problems using the TK22 with the Spektrum Dx6i. :) Two other plus points with this combo: there's a nifty backlight kit available for the Spektrum
( + installation vid. on Youtube), and the TK22 fits neatly in the standard black Taigen casing/holder. :thumbup:
One advantage the IBU2 unit has over the tk22, is that it can operate the Taigen BB Barrel Recoil system if you happen to have it fitted. (Taigen mid- and late: production Tiger 1s) think: If I recall correctly..
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Thanks for the info. I don’t have barrel recoil but it sure does have the violent rearward track recoil. I left the track recoil connector unplugged to bypass that feature but it also kept the cannon sound from working. I guess I’ll deal with it for now. It’s only a backyard warrior so I don’t actually shoot it very often.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Jimster wrote:Thanks for the info. I don’t have barrel recoil but it sure does have the violent rearward track recoil. I left the track recoil connector unplugged to bypass that feature but it also kept the cannon sound from working. I guess I’ll deal with it for now. It’s only a backyard warrior so I don’t actually shoot it very often.
Since you're still OK with BBs, unless I missed a switch to IR, these turrets from Taigen not only fire BBs, but also have impressive barrel recoil too (as good as that on IR models). Depending on which version of the Tiger you want to end up with- as long as it's mid or late production, you could fit one of these for fun. Not cheap- true, and you would also need a Tiagen MFU and tx; but worth it, IMHO. Two of my tigers have the system, and the recoil looks credible. :thumbup:
https://www.taigentanks.com/taigen-part ... /tag120701
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

That's actually very inexpensive considering the nice quality.

Return to “Heng Long Builds”