My Tiger Tank Project

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: My Tiger Tank Project

Post by EAO »

Jim,

I thought "smirking Stephan" was new! Very nice! Elmod vs. Beier board for "Miss Leningrad", what a conundrum! :crazy: That Beier board seemed crazy good in the Tiger. It had me considering it, but I love the Elmod Fusion Pro with the Bluetooth adapter for my phone. That's the only drawback I can tell...at least that's what I'm telling my self! :lolno:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

This Tiger is almost your child now! Looks amazing, every single detail!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Thank you very much! I take her out for a drive several times a week after work just to unwind and enjoy the sounds. She’s been a real solid trooper.
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

Jimster wrote:Update. I tried the Beier SFR 1-D control board but before I got all the programming adjusted I realized that my Elmod was so finely tuned by me over time that I couldn’t let go. The Elmod’s driving parameters are already tweaked perfectly so I’ll save the Beier for my gunboat or some unforeseen future project. The Beier is too much board for an old bucket like my Ol’ Ugly.
I did add a radioman peeking out of his hatch. As soon I figure out the linkage geometry I’ll hook up a leftover micro servo so he can turn his head like the commander’s. I’ll also add his headphones. I know Tiger hatches didn’t open that far but want to be able to turn the turret. Modeler’s license.
Thanks for checking in Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lookin Great Jim!!!!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Thanks, man! That really means a lot coming from a superstar modeler such as yourself.
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

Jimster wrote:Thanks, man! That really means a lot coming from a superstar modeler such as yourself.
Wow! Thanks! I don't know about "superstar" though! :haha:

A nice effect you might like and looks great on panzer grey is rubbing a graphite stick on the edges which gives it a nice metal look :thumbup:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Thanks. I just might give that a try.
LK88
Private

Post by LK88 »

very impressive of you Tiger, this design of the tank with two rommel boxes is fascinating and you have succeeded in terms of graphite I use an ordinary soft pencil, graphite scraping with a knife and finger I apply and smear to highlight places, mate Elmod Pro you can connect the figure to a servo and use mode Radar in the application ... you have a beautiful unique piece ...
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Thank you. My commander’s head moves with a servo and this radioman’s head is set up to move as well. I use micro servos. Adds a little fun. And the Elmod Fusion Pro is just about the best board for WW2 era tanks. Beier is almost overkill.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Notwithstanding the glory that is your tracked companion ( :clap: ), Jim, much of the discussion here over controllers, electronics, servos, and artistic flourishes, can easily (and very usefully) be instructive to others thinking of customising their own favourite steeds. :D
Immersive and detailed threads, such as this one, also help to build the library of knowledge that the forum houses.
Now, after lavishing you with praise, mine will be a large Glenmorangie, please- if you're buying :thumbup: :haha:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Heng Long Builds”