My Tiger Tank Project

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: My Tiger Tank Project

Post by EAO »

Simply too much! But I guess you're right. Now that we know how to fix my mess we could always go back and undo it!
Cheers, Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Introducing the newest tank crew member! His name is Boje and he earns his keep by running night security and has the uncanny ability to sniff out an ambush. Of course when the action gets a little too hot he jumps down into the loader’s hatch. Now my “barking dog” sound effect has a source!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Jimster wrote:That means the most coming from men like you guys. I’ll always feel like the newbie here but all the kind words certainly help me feel right at home. I propose a toast to this forum so raise a jigger of your favorite libation and knock one back for all of us. Cheers! (or Salute!)
:clap: :haha:
That swivelling head movement- simply priceless, Jim. :clap: It made me smile so much my teeth nearly fell out!
( :shh: nah, they may look like battle-damaged tombstones, but they're still my own, in reality).
Friday is my libation day, and so I shall slurp for Queen, Country and- of course- for you and the Forum! Slainte Mhor! I think the Panzer Pate swivel is the first I've ever seen on RCTW-so, that makes it unique, just like your Leningrad Tiger. Thus, (and this is prompted, jointly, by your exhortation and Tiger's Auspuf) "Lang may yer Lum Reek!!"

(note: dialect 'Reek' is related to German noun , 'Rauch' and vb.'Rauchen- to smoke')
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Oh, yes- and that's a very impressive, crisp and well-framed brace of Panzer figures. :thumbup:
The Canine companion could be: Rin Tin von Tin... :)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Thank you so much! This Tiger project is not only mine but it partly belongs to the many kind forum members who provided helpful pieces of advice and knowledge. All the informative links, photos, and generously donated detail parts provided by members of this great forum led to the Tiger that I now have. So it’s pretty much been a group effort.
I can’t remember the last time my Lum Reeked but maybe I should have it looked at.
EAO

Post by EAO »

Oh my God that's hilarious! "Lum reeked", l just about soiled myself laughing. The Ozark Mountains are echoing with my laughter. Goes great with my juvenile sense of humor! Yes, Jim by all means get that checked by a Doctor!

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Speaking of doctors, my wife and I both tested positive for Covid-19 on the 3rd so I’ve got some time off to work on my Tiger. That’s why I’ve made so much progress with my projects. We’re probably getting released to go back to work next Wednesday. Our only real symptom is total loss of the sense of taste and smell. Very weird times we live in.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Bloody hell mate !!
Seems you swerved a bullet.
Glad your both ok
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Thanks, man. I hated to really mention it but I feel fine as a lark. I almost feel guilty being off work. Almost.
EAO

Post by EAO »

That BLOWS! Glad the two of you are doing well. We have two clients that have had it, another long time client whose adult son passed away from it during it's peak up in Chicago, and my adult niece had it and was sicker then she has ever been. This also was in Chicago during the peak. She had a coughing fit, was on the way to get a drink of water, passed out and cracked her skull open on the refrigerator. At that point, the hospital decided that she needed to be seen...and tested for Covid!?!

Too bad your Tiger is almost done...um, er, is it? At least you can play with your toy, we're all waiting for some new videos. Horrible waste of libations with no taste. Kind of like Kramer and the Mackinaw peaches! Really glad you guys are alright. I've seen movies that are too close to this reality of ours. Strange days indeed! By the way, I knew you were feverish last night!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Heng Long Builds”