My Tiger Tank Project

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: My Tiger Tank Project

Post by Jimster »

Thank you kind sir.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Ah, there she is again. :clap: God, that looks cold but so very cool! :thumbup: I'm down at the cabin and woke up to about an inch on the ground. Windy as hell too!

I'll never get tired of looking at "Miss Leningrad"! Now we need a video!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Jimster, I agree with Silversurfer: "Photo number 2 is fantastic. Could be real." Can you change that photo to black and white? That would clinch it!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Jimster, I agree with Silversurfer: "Photo number 2 is fantastic. Could be real." Can you change that photo to black and white? That would clinch it!
How about this?
Attachments
20210128_010915.jpg
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Beautifully posed pics, Jim!. Pensive too.
Looks like 'Ol' Ugly' has hoisted her skirts up for some serious action.
Seeing it again, and your broad expanse of snow ( or is it the Steppes?), reminded me of an observation made in 'Tigers in the Snow'. It's that tank riders weren't simply exposed to bullet splash and hostile cannon fire, no, they often died of carbon monoxide poisoning, from the invisible gasses coming up through the engine grills. 8O
The Normandy Cowls on the Comet, and Cromwell, gave hitch-hiking Tommies a little more protection.
How bad it was on top of the turret, can only be guessed at. :think:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

She definitely is all business! The business of kicking communist ass.
I imagine that German Shepherd has some wicked exhaust as well. Maybe Eric can attest to that.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Here’s a short video. Both of my battery packs were almost dead so this is all I got. This is a good example of utilizing the momentum effect that the Elmod board provides. I was simply feathering the throttle a bit and mostly coasting along. It eliminates the sudden stop and go jerky movements.
phpBB [video]
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Fabulous Jim,

Great video, and the pic in B&W looks awesome. Boje is a bit gaseous, and he's very loud about it! Freya, his Sister, will drive you out of the room with her "silent but violent" emissions! They smell of impending death, she's the stinkiest Shepherd we've ever had. Think of singed eyebrows and bubbling porcelain kind of bad! :wtf: :lolno: :/
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Jimster wrote:Here’s a short video. Both of my battery packs were almost dead so this is all I got. This is a good example of utilizing the momentum effect that the Elmod board provides. I was simply feathering the throttle a bit and mostly coasting along. It eliminates the sudden stop and go jerky movements.
phpBB [video]
That is proper awesome
The sounds, the tank and the way it moves is superb.
I see garden rail track in the background, what trains you running on it?
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

“There’s that’s crackpot neighbour again, taking his noisy toy in the yard, can’t the man see it’s snowed out there, Larry, we need to move” !!!!!!

Scintillating work Mr Jimster and long May it continue :clap:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Heng Long Builds”