My Tiger Tank Project

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
c.rainford73
Major

Re: My Tiger Tank Project

Post by c.rainford73 »

No worries Jim, I'm a gouger too. Have to use some plasticard to fix up my T-34

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Tanks alot.... :wave:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

If you don’t have plans for it, I’d like to grab the Taigen unit off you if possible?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Jimster This is why model shops sell filler, hides all the little mistakes we do .:haha:
Mine has epoxy to fill the gap as i never had the correct drill, will be interesting if i ever scrap the HL and recycle the Hentec for another tank.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Yup! Gotta have filler for sure.

Herman, it’s yours.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

So after 2 months of shipping I finally received my Mato sprockets. The funny thing is that I waited for nothing because not only do my original Heng Long sprockets work perfectly with my new Mato tracks but the Heng Long sprockets are more accurately detailed than the Mato version. So I’m sticking with Heng Long sprocketsImage Jokes on me. I do however prefer the looks of the Mato tracks. Here’s a pic comparing the two different tracks. HL on the radioman’s side and Mato on the driver’s side. The other photo shows how awesome the Mato tracks look. To be fair I painted the Mato tracks to look more realistic. The Heng Longs only received a shot of brown primer. What do you all think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

This thing looks great!! lots of detail!! Was this the Tiger you said you were going to use the Magic Grime on?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Thank you. Yes, I’ve used your product but so far only on the two buckets hanging on the rear with great results. I think I’ll be using it on the sprockets as well and I’ll go from there.
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

Very very cool. Your tanks develops and looks even more amazing after each upgrade. It weathers in real live tempo :clap:

What detail set did you use to have the front outer road wheel taken off with showing all the fastenings?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Very kind words from such a talented modeler! Thank you.
Some Tamiya road wheel parts were graciously donated by Mike and after using a hacksaw to remove the outer Taigen metal road wheel I superglued the Tamiya hub assembly on. Kind of a butcher job.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I now consider the radio to be the most important part of an rc tank so I’ll post this here. I’m so damned proud of myself tonight because I was able to program my new Radiomaster TX16S to operate my Tiger without bothering any radio gurus with lame questions. I was able to assign the switches just like I had them on the QX7 and now it works as smooth as silk. I’m experimenting with the throttle not being self centering and it’s pretty interesting so far. The screen is amazingly better and more info is readily accessible by glancing at the screen like the exact position of all sticks and switches and battery power. Easy on the eyes and I haven’t even removed the plastic protector from the screen.
Thanks for checking in and please excuse my enthusiasm.

Return to “Heng Long Builds”