My Tiger Tank Project

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: My Tiger Tank Project

Post by Jimster »

Thanks, Max! My DKLM PDSGB should arrive any day now but thanks a million for the kind offer. Jarndice, I know what you mean about it’s precarious position so I did glue it at an angle towards the hull somewhat. I see it breaking off soon. I wish somebody made a metal detail part.
Wildboar44
Corporal

Post by Wildboar44 »

Nice detailing as always and a very good early 1-pcs crank handle. Google Bovington Tiger 131 startup on YouTube, yours is bang on. :thumbup:
Yesterday is our history, Tomorrow is an eternal mistery, Today is a gift, its why its called "The Present".
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

If you go to ---
www.hagen-miniatures.de/
They have a Tiger 1 starting handle complete with brackets for $1.25 plus post.
I suspect the postage for one item will be crippling :thumbdown:
I suppose you could do a full search of the site and buy more bits and pieces to make it worth while :lolno: Their is a lot to see (And Buy)
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I have never understood why "Jack Handles" and "Starting Handles" are so hard to find :O
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

So much good stuff on the Hagen site! My humble modeling attempt at the starting handle is still more visually accurate than their offerings but I see several little goodies that I want like a couple of those early oil or jerry cans. The triangle shaped ones. I’ve never seen those and wonder if they would be appropriate for Autumn/Winter ‘42 Russian Stepps. I’m attempting to model a very specific time frame as accurately as possible.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Had plenty of time to finish my Aber early roof vent waterproof hatch. Pretty aggravating little kit to say the least.
I also have all my tank driving and turret functions working with my QX7. I figured out how to put both throttle and steering on the right side stick (swapped receiver cables) but I have grown to enjoy driving with two sticks so I swapped back.
Still waiting for the PDSGB. Happy Easter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Jimster wrote: I also have all my tank driving and turret functions working with my QX7. I figured out how to put both throttle and steering on the right side stick (swapped receiver cables) but I have grown to enjoy driving with two sticks so I swapped back.
Hi, I recommend you to read manuals/watch videos about the opentx software. The software is so flexible that you have never to swap any wires and you even can use the potentiometers as throttle if you want, so of course you can have the throttle in the stick you want.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Should I download opentx to my laptop and hook up my radio to the laptop to be able to assign switches? I want to start using my user sounds.
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Jimster wrote:Should I download opentx to my laptop and hook up my radio to the laptop to be able to assign switches? I want to start using my user sounds.
Nope, no need to connect the radio to the computer. You can do it, and some people find easier that way, but it is not needed at all.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I’ve certainly looked online but I can’t figure out the procedure for assigning a certain switch to do a certain thing. I need a step by step tutorial for switch assignment. For example I want to use a switch to fire the gun but can’t figure out the steps to make it happen. Same with triggering user sounds.
All the online info is for flying models and I’m electronically challenged. I’ll eventually figure it out :crazy:

Return to “Heng Long Builds”