Panther G's Redux

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
pebblemonkey73
Private

Panther G's Redux

Post by pebblemonkey73 »

Decided to revamp and detail the hell out of my two HL/Taigen Panther G tanks "Cuckoo" and "124" so they were as detailed as my current build "MAN 412" variant.
Stripped the paint using oven cleaner and added the more detailed tool sets, lots of shapeways detail components and resin periscopes being added.
Matt

Cuckoo Redux,

124 G Redux

412 MAN G Nearly finished.
I'll never own a stock tank :P
Member of the Midland Battle Tankers.
pebblemonkey73
Private

Re: Panther G's Redux

Post by pebblemonkey73 »

Making the most of my time, milliputted all the weld seams, printed parts from shapeways, upgraded tool parts, resin components and now both back in red oxide primer. Keeping busy and positive Matt

"Cuckoo" Panther G captured by the Guards Armoured.
"124" Panther G Late
Panthers are for life not just Christmas...
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Well, I gave up at 15, maybe someone else can spot more differences. . . .

Nice pair you have there :thumbup: Will be interesting to see the what individuality you give them.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
pebblemonkey73
Private

Post by pebblemonkey73 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Well, I gave up at 15, maybe someone else can spot more differences. . . .

Nice pair you have there :thumbup: Will be interesting to see the what individuality you give them.
Thanks SOG, LOL I haven't counted the variations, they'll be repainted to roughly how they were before just using XF61 dark green basecoat. "Cuckoo" will be still be a 4th Coldstream Guard vehicle whilst "124" is a late war German example based on the Dragon 1/35th scale kit (dunkelgelb on dunkle grun).
I'm looking for pictures of "Deserter" another British Panther tank used in Italy.

Matt
"CUckoo" first incarnation-
124 first time around-
philipat
Sergeant

Post by philipat »

Looking good!

Who is your Shapeways vendor?
pebblemonkey73
Private

Post by pebblemonkey73 »

philipat wrote:Looking good!

Who is your Shapeways vendor?
Thanks, I don't have a specific vendor, I just put "1/16 Panther tank" on the main shapeways website's search engine and buy the relevant parts I need.

Matt
pebblemonkey73
Private

Post by pebblemonkey73 »

Too cold to paint today, production ground o a halt until it warms up again. Back to detailing my sherman builds. This all the progress I have made thus far....

Matt
philipat
Sergeant

Post by philipat »

Looking good. Is the Panther with the zimmerit a Tamiya, Heng Long, or Taigen? How did you get rid of the chin on the mantlet?
pebblemonkey73
Private

Post by pebblemonkey73 »

philipat wrote:Looking good. Is the Panther with the zimmerit a Tamiya, Heng Long, or Taigen? How did you get rid of the chin on the mantlet?
The Zimmeritted one is a taigen tank. The chinless early mantle is part of the ATAK zimmerit set which is for the tamiya panther kit, but with some careful cutting of the mounts will fit the HL/ taigen IR turret, It also comes with zimmerited bow machine gun blister.

Matt
philipat
Sergeant

Post by philipat »

pebblemonkey73 wrote:
philipat wrote:Looking good. Is the Panther with the zimmerit a Tamiya, Heng Long, or Taigen? How did you get rid of the chin on the mantlet?
The Zimmeritted one is a taigen tank. The chinless early mantle is part of the ATAK zimmerit set which is for the tamiya panther kit, but with some careful cutting of the mounts will fit the HL/ taigen IR turret, It also comes with zimmerited bow machine gun blister.

Matt
Cool! Thanks. Is it a lot of cutting on the mantlet? Or, just some minor tweaking?

Return to “Heng Long Builds”