HELP!!! Heng Long Challenger 2 won't fire.

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
AlanThornton
Recruit

HELP!!! Heng Long Challenger 2 won't fire.

Post by AlanThornton »

Hello,

First post here so apologies all around of this has been addressed. My amazing wife has bought me a Challenger 2 from Heng Long but I'm having issues. I can't get it to fire a bb. When I press the top right fire button nothing happens. I've read and re-read the instructions but can't see anything of help. Is there a safety button I'm not seeing or something? Many thanks.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: HELP!!! Heng Long Challenger 2 won't fire.

Post by jarndice »

We would really like to know a bit about you first,
Nothing too personal but knowing where in the world you live would help us point you in the right direction for dealers and clubs and what experience if any do you have in RC Tanks or RC in general.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
AlanThornton
Recruit

Post by AlanThornton »

Hello Jarndice,

I'll post more in the general forum, but I live in the Worcester, UK. I have little RC experience, this tank is my first.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Alan Hi,Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap: Ahh the Vale of Evesham very nice, If you go to the Menu on the Header of this page and click on FORUMS and scroll down many of the Questions you have will already have answers waiting for you. And don't worry about a lack of knowledge we all had to start once,
What you need to be concerned with is the expense and the fact that this hobby is more addictive than crack cocaine. :lolno: :lolno:
AlanThornton
Recruit

Post by AlanThornton »

Lol, many thanks Jarndice. Will do that now.
AlanThornton
Recruit

Post by AlanThornton »

Well....aren't I the doughnut. Just found out I've been pressing the safety button rather than the firing mechanism. Now happy with fully functioning Challenger.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Most, if not all, Airsoft/BB tanks have a switch that isolates the Airsoft unit, Alan. It's supposed to prevent it from being fired accidentally. Having just checked my three year old Chally, the red on/off switch is located i underneath the Commander's hatch. That's also where you load the BBs, in fact.
Generally, the gun needs a full battery charge to perform well; but then again, so does the tank. Try the switch before looking for other problems. :thumbup:

A footnote to '...Most, if not all..": most up until 2016, that is, when HL revised their wiring and put more functions onto the Remote. :|
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

OOps, just posted the above while you were posting your bit. Glad you've made your first discovery (of many- doubtless :D ).
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

jarndice wrote:Alan Hi,Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap: Ahh the Vale of Evesham very nice, If you go to the Menu on the Header of this page and click on FORUMS and scroll down many of the Questions you have will already have answers waiting for you. And don't worry about a lack of knowledge we all had to start once,
What you need to be concerned with is the expense and the fact that this hobby is more addictive than crack cocaine. :lolno: :lolno:
So its seems that Mr Jarndice used crack cocaine as an easy 'pathway' to 1/16th tank dependence and knows the difference :haha: :haha:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

How reassuring it is knowing that my reputation is safe in your hands Herman. :lolno:

Return to “General Questions”