Lert repaints his JagdPanther

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Lert
Sergeant

Re: Lert repaints his JagdPanther

Post by Lert »

ronnie42 wrote:One question , sand blasting old paint away how did you manage that? :O
I work on the workfloor of a factory where they build high-end core-sample drilling rigs like the one pictured under the spoiler below. We have a sand-blasting cabinet with various grades of grit, including tiny 'pearls', glass balls without sharp edges, as fine as fine sand, for sandblasting thin materials or materials that aren't allowed to have their surface texture affected. Takes only like 15 minutes to swap out the grit for this fine glass pearls, sand blast a 1/16th scale tank and swap back to the coarse, steel based grit. Something I can easily do over a break.
Spoiler: show
I love putting stowage all over my vehicles. Gives them personality. There's a ton available online, if you know where to look.

Thanks for the compliment!
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6

Return to “Heng Long Builds”