M1A2 Sound Problem

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
jchau
Recruit

M1A2 Sound Problem

Post by jchau »

Just recently picked up a used M1A2 Abrams tank. I know nothing about it when I picked it up but now starting to do a full system check. Everything seems to be working minus the rear LED which I have replaced already and got the smoker working.

But what I am stumped on is the sound. I am not getting any sound.... no engine start sound, not machine gun sound (but I see the LED light). I have opened the transmitter and looks like all wires are connected and the switches do work after measuring with multi-meter. I am suspecting the Multi-function receiver but not sure how to check that. If I was to replace the multi-function receiver, does all 2.4Ghz bind together or do I need a specific one?
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Re: M1A2 Sound Problem

Post by kintaroukinji »

If all wiring continuity is all OK, there is a possibility that the multicontroller unit's sound output has failed. However, HengLong's M1A2 engine sound is not a turbine engine sound, it is a copy of Tamiya's Tiger tank sound and the sound quality is not good, so it is quite different from the M1A2 engine sound. If you change the controller anyway, I encourage you to exchange controllers that play third party M1A2 sounds. Because you will certainly be dissatisfied with the sound later.
jchau
Recruit

Post by jchau »

Any recommendation?
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

If the other functions work your remote is bound, no need to check the binding.

Do you have the volume turned up?
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
jchau
Recruit

Post by jchau »

Yes everything works. I have tried the volume buttons and no sound either besides if there is something on the multifunction unit
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Were are you located?

I have one I removed from my HL M1 and you can have it for shipping cost. It was removed several years ago but was working when it was removed.

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
jchau
Recruit

Post by jchau »

I am located in Ontario, Canada. Is your hardware version 5.2? That is what my one is..... I heard you cannot use 5.3 with 5.2?

Return to “General Questions”