M4A3 Sherman detailing

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Re: M4A3 Sherman detailing

Post by kintaroukinji »

Wardog wrote:I like it even better that's its a henglong just shows you how good they can look.
Job well done. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thank you very much.
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Re: Truck recoil

Post by kintaroukinji »

The truck recoil when the main gun of Heng Long and TORRO (Taigen) is fired is surprisingly exaggerated and the vehicle body moves backward. Those who dislike this will either kill the truck recoil function with ATRC (Anti-Truck Recoil Circuit) or choose not to include the truck recoil function with the servo recoil of the barrel with a third party sound controller. I also had no truck recoil function when the main gun was servo-recoiled, but I think it would be more powerful if there was some truck recoil when the main gun was fired. So, I inserted a resistor into my own ATRC to make the truck recoil mild. The principle is simple. In ATRC, when the signal at the time of firing the main gun enters the coil side input pole (1 and 16) of the 5V DPDT relay switch, the pole (4 and 6, 13 and 11) to which the power cable of the drive motor is connected only at that moment. By switching to the poles (8 and 9) on the cutting side respectively, the vehicle body will not be recoiled. Insert a resistor (between 8 and 6 and between 9 and 11) on the cut side to adjust the truck recoil amount. If the resistance value is too large, the truck recoil is the same as the cut, and if the resistance value is small, the truck recoil amount increases. (If the resistance is zero, it is the full recoil of the original RX18.) The resistance value is determined by trial and error while checking the track recoil amount. The first half of the video is 2.7? and the second half is 4.7?. If it is 10?, it will not recoil. As I forgot to mention, the relay switch requires a noise prevention diode (1N4148).
DPDT
DPDT
41IXV-Q0i4L._AC_.jpg (21.44 KiB) Viewed 4946 times
Insert a resistor on the cut pole to adjust the truck recoil amount. If the resistance value is too large, the truck recoil is the same as the cut, and if the resistance value is small, the truck recoil amount increases. (If the resistance is zero, it is the original full recoil of RX18.) The determining resistance value may be a trial and error. The first half of the video is 2.7? and the second half is 4.7?. If it is 10?, it will not recoil. For HengLong Sherman tank model, I think 4.7? is just right. However, this also seems different depending on the tank model. Perhaps it depends on the backlash of the drive gear and the capacity of the motor and battery.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO44YWzrWuM
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

That is one sharp looking Sherman,

Nice job! I believe I have seen real pictures of "Caballelo" in some book somewhere.

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Post by kintaroukinji »

Thank you for your comment. You've seen the actual photo of "Caballelo". My Sherman tank is failing on appliqué armor. The mistake is that the actual 105mm howitzer tank does not have appliqué armor, and that it has two appliqué armors on the left side of the tank. However, I don't have the energy to remove these appliqué armors anymore.
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

;)
EC06DB9E-42A1-4135-8D38-0EDBCA2D0609.jpeg
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

The track recoil when the main gun of Heng Long and TORRO (Taigen) is fired is surprisingly exaggerated
Taigen board V3 have switch to turn it off. I don't know about newest Heng Long boards tho.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Thanks Jofaur86,

That's the picture I was thinking of! :thumbup:

Kintaroukinji,

Regardless of the applique' armor issue, it's still a very sharp looking Sherman! :clap:

Regards,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Post by kintaroukinji »

Kaczor wrote:
The track recoil when the main gun of Heng Long and TORRO (Taigen) is fired is surprisingly exaggerated
Taigen board V3 have switch to turn it off. I don't know about newest Heng Long boards tho.
I think the newest Heng Long Board can also adjust the Truck recoil. I have adopted the sound board Beier USM-HL2 to upgrade the sound and add various functions freely, so I am using the TORRO (TAIGEN) Board vir.1. This soundboard is pretty good, but unfortunately only the drive motor control relies on the original RX18.
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Post by kintaroukinji »

Thank you, Jofaur 86.

Return to “Heng Long Builds”