Now I'm getting greedy..HL JagdPanth build

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-vamping you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.

Postby cashybai » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:20 pm

Mmmmm...Not finished the Tiger yet, saw this and couldn't resist....
s-l1600EGERX21O.jpg

Previous owner started, so lot of work already done, Early Jag, need to do the mantel mod but much is already done for me. Needs upgrading to 2.4 innards and I might change the recoil unit over, but we'll see..It's on hold until the Tiger's done anyhow, but I've just pinged an order into Dave ready to get started...

cashybai
Private

Postby Dark46 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:31 pm

Looking forward to seeing the progress
Dark46
Lance Corporal

Postby Soeren » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:25 pm

More than one project at once is what keeps the mojo flowing. And the JP is a great topic to work on :thumbup:
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Postby cashybai » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:15 am

Thanks lads, awaiting some reference bits but I know I've gotta scratch build the rear tow hook, and mug Dave for a set of the early four pipe exhausts....

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600a.jpg

cashybai
Private

Postby Markocaster » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:36 am

Looks great so far! I too have a few going at once lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Markocaster
Staff Sergeant

Postby Soeren » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:22 am

Hey there, you have already done a lot of mods. Also on the gun mantle you cut the bulb. Now, the shield is still a bit off in shape. You might think about resculpting. That is straight forward with for instance apoxie sculpt or something like that and really improves the overall look.
Soeren

Postby cashybai » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:37 am

Soeren wrote:Hey there, you have already done a lot of mods. Also on the gun mantle you cut the bulb. Now, the shield is still a bit off in shape. You might think about resculpting. That is straight forward with for instance apoxie sculpt or something like that and really improves the overall look.

That's the next job Soeren, few mill off the top of the mantle & reshape it somewhat. I've seen the other posts, this was a work in process at a price I couldn't resist! I've a load of bits on the way, plus a couple of reference books to sift through, I'll be looking a it being a post D-day Normandy/france based Jagd, luckily the Imperial War Museum isn't a million miles away from my work, so I'll be able to nip down and look at the early they have there whenever I need some inspiration.

cashybai
Private

Postby cashybai » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:54 pm

Just for anyone who wants it, found a PDF downloadable link to spielbergers Heavy Jagdpanther book here....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... dtXMtdK4js

cashybai
Private

Postby Markocaster » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:03 am

cashybai wrote:Just for anyone who wants it, found a PDF downloadable link to spielbergers Heavy Jagdpanther book here....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... dtXMtdK4js

Thanks for the link ! Cool looking book

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Markocaster
Staff Sergeant

Postby Will01Capri » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:19 pm

cashybai wrote:Mmmmm...Not finished the Tiger yet, saw this and couldn't resist....
s-l1600EGERX21O.jpg

Previous owner started, so lot of work already done, Early Jag, need to do the mantel mod but much is already done for me. Needs upgrading to 2.4 innards and I might change the recoil unit over, but we'll see..It's on hold until the Tiger's done anyhow, but I've just pinged an order into Dave ready to get started...

Wondered who beat me to this, he also had others for sale which i missed aswell :(

Good luck with builds
Will01Capri
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Postby cashybai » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:10 pm

Well, first job done, straight onto the mantle...
DSC_0075.jpeg
DSC_0075.jpeg (41.76 KiB) Viewed 1544 times

cashybai
Private

Postby Soeren » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:30 pm

Hey there. Is there any progress on this one as it already had a great start?
Soeren

Postby Abe Froman » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:48 pm

Love a Jagdpanther, will be watching this one. Looking nice.

Abe Froman
Lance Corporal

Postby cashybai » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:49 pm

Hi all, apologies for not updating in a while, life and other rubbish has taken over, however the Jagd & the Tiger are both sat in a fetching red oxide undercoat awaiting me getting my finger out and top coating them! pictures soon as I get a chance and get cracking!

cashybai
Private

Postby sinj » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:45 pm

Nice purchase, was the zimmerite applied by previous owner? Thinking about it on my JP but not sure yet, mines a G2 whereas yours is a G1? I’ll be looking at the JP at the Tank museum for reference and looking at PanzerTracts book too - as well as your link above for detail. Panzerwrecks books for unit tool placements and camo too.
Looking forward to update on this JP. Looking great already.

sinj
Recruit

Postby 43rdRecceReg » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:15 pm

cashybai wrote:Hi all, apologies for not updating in a while, life and other rubbish has taken over, however the Jagd & the Tiger are both sat in a fetching red oxide undercoat awaiting me getting my finger out and top coating them! pictures soon as I get a chance and get cracking!

A familiar story, Cashy: firstly, the hopping excitedly from build to another... :D and, secondly; real-world needs beginning to impact on the fun (Jobs, relationships...even food :lolno: :/ )
That's why there are builds that span years here, however, so no worries about recent progress.
Some projects are 'perma-builds', in the sense that they're unlikely ever to be finished because. For some slightly obsessive modellers, new 'tweaks' have a habit of popping up, just when the 'last' lick of paint was about to be applied... :) ...
43rdRecceReg
Captain

Postby cashybai » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:14 pm

Hi Sinj, yep mines aiming to be a G1, previous owner did most of the zim, I've finished it off and remoulded the mantlet accordingly.
Mine is going to be a late '44 pz abt654 example, already got the decals sorted from peddinghaus

cashybai
Private

Return to Heng Long Builds