Sherman M4 with a weight issue!

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Sherman M4 with a weight issue!

Post by Will01Capri »

Hi Guys
I have now been back into RC for more than a year now and things have got more mad by the day. I knew i have wanted on eof each tank for a while, i also know i have been wanting a Sherman.
Well finally i saw a Sherman on here for sale by John (Ludwig) and decided to snatch it up.
At least now the Allied forces in my collection are evening up a bit to the Axis forces tanks haha!

Like everything for the ones that know me, i couldn't leave it alone and wanted to do something else with it. After some careful thought and hints i have decided to put together a Sherman M4/26. Not sure if it has a different name, but basically an M4 Sherman with an M26 Pershing Turret!
Now i know they never officially made such a thing which went into battle, however a Prototype tank was pictured back in the day with this very modification.
I like making and piecing together one offs, so this is the route i have decided to follow.

I should make it perfectly clear that i don't have time to do this project right away, but this is now definitely on the list.
I know you have all seen Sherman pictures, but it gives us a base point to compare later!

Sherman as it comes
ImageNew tank project. But this Sherman is getting a big cannon from a Pershing. True Tiger killing power by Will Pattinson, on Flickr

ImageNew tank project. But this Sherman is getting a big cannon from a Pershing. True Tiger killing power by Will Pattinson, on Flickr

Close up Turret

I had to take it apart immediately and fit the new bit!
With an M26 Pershing Turret! WHAT A BEAST!!!!

The Sherman turret is not going in the bin, so i am doing something with this first before starting the tank.
I have put a few wanted threads out as i am looking to scrounge a turret ring & some cheap WPL/HL truck controllers and receiver boards.
My wife also foud out after i hot wired the turret that the BB gun installed is also really powerful and 'hurts'! hahahahahaha
It all helps towards some battle ground Diorama's & other 'interesting' vehicles
Last edited by Will01Capri on Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Sherman M4 with a twist!

Post by Will01Capri »

Here is the Inspiration Shot!
Imagepost-1514986-0-03021500-1352781983 by Will Pattinson, on Flickr
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Ad Lav
Captain

Re: Sherman M4 with a weight issue!

Post by Ad Lav »

Nice start :)
cashybai
Lance Corporal

Post by cashybai »

Now I see what it's for! Looks the nuts Will, suitably lairy!!
The addictions getting worse... Pantiger, WSN Tiger Mid, WSN T34....And now a Jagdpanther...HELP!!!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

happytank wrote:Yes seen this done before on YouTube, to become a firefly.was not a perfect fit a little adjustment.
Was this the case for you? looks great already.
Only just a quick.mock up. It sits really well actually. But there are lot of upper structure modifications which I feel.need to be made. But wanted to get idea if it is a good idea. I think it will look.great.
As for running gear need to have a think, it it needs smoke and sounds, so probably look at Clark something
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Dark46
Lance Corporal

Post by Dark46 »

Looking forward to seeing the finished article .
1:16
HL King Tiger ET, Taig King Tiger PT, Tam King Tiger PT
HL Tiger 1 x2, Taig Panther G, Taig Panzer III
Taig JS-2, Taig T34-85, Mato M4A1BN, Mato M10, HL M4a3 105mm, Taig M4a3 76mm
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Like a Sherman..........only CRUNCHYYYyyy !!
Sure is a neat project Mr Capri, take all the time you need to get this one sorted !
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Thanks Guys
Yes this is just a teaser, but it is going to be a long build.
I also have a King Tiger early Tamiya to rescue & not sure which will be first!

I just need to have a think, how much metal i put into it, but for sure i want to take same route as my Tiger Mid production and get hatches etc working as they should.
Looks liek the 3D printer, when it arrives will have a few Sherman pieces to make!
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!

Return to “Heng Long Builds”