WSN ~ Henglong Tiger I Transference

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Re: WSN ~ Henglong Tiger I Transference

Post by Jnewboy »

jumpugly wrote:Jon! Good to read these comments (especially about the worthiness of the HL's)
and am enjoying this immensely! Had to ask what overall primer are you using?
Thanks -- Guy
Certainly not perfect though, my main complaint was the gun which I swapped out for Tamiya. There are problems in almost everything, that's part of the hobby, and the fun!
jumpugly
Private

Post by jumpugly »

Certainly not perfect though, my main complaint was the gun which I swapped out for Tamiya. There are problems in almost everything, that's part of the hobby, and the fun![/quote]

Yep, yanked the gun from my HL and used the WSN as length seemed much closer to scale. Although pretty sure Tamiya's was spot on. Also, still curious as to your earth/clay toned primer that you used? Rattle can, air brushed, oil or acrylic?
Thanks again, Guy
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

jumpugly wrote:Certainly not perfect though, my main complaint was the gun which I swapped out for Tamiya. There are problems in almost everything, that's part of the hobby, and the fun!
Yep, yanked the gun from my HL and used the WSN as length seemed much closer to scale. Although pretty sure Tamiya's was spot on. Also, still curious as to your earth/clay toned primer that you used? Rattle can, air brushed, oil or acrylic?
Thanks again, Guy[/quote]

For me I use a lot of stuff, it depends on the model. If there is alot of wet sanding to do such as on these tigers I use rustolium 2x primer out of the rattle can. If I do an air plane I use airbrush ak interactive primer.
jumpugly
Private

Post by jumpugly »

Thanks Jon! A rattle can connoisseur myself! :) Have had a ton of luck with Rustoleum's 2X line.
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

jumpugly wrote:Thanks Jon! A rattle can connoisseur myself! :) Have had a ton of luck with Rustoleum's 2X line.
Krylon is junk! The walmart light grey primer is also pretty good.
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

Here is the latest pic of the henglong tank. It still has a way to go but the base color, winter white wash and decals have been done.

Image2018-07-16_10-48-03 by jon newsom, on Flickr

Here is the reference pics of the tank.

Imageimage1 by jon newsom, on Flickr

Imagef4fb9d48190dd23197b2db31353752e9 by jon newsom, on Flickr
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Brilliant work Jon
Tanks alot.... :wave:
cashybai
Lance Corporal

Post by cashybai »

Looking good Jon
The addictions getting worse... Pantiger, WSN Tiger Mid, WSN T34....And now a Jagdpanther...HELP!!!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Nice.........I'm doing a winter 'early now, and Im always looking to get the right look.
Any idea on the fate of 233 that was quite conveniently photographed for you !!?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Nice.........I'm doing a winter 'early now, and Im always looking to get the right look.
Any idea on the fate of 233 that was quite conveniently photographed for you !!?
It took some serious searching to find it knocked out. I don't know but looks like it took some damage to the track, maybe a mine? It's always sad when you see the crew all smiles and enthusiastic knowing what the fate was for many of them, but if they hit a mine they may have got out ok.

Return to “Heng Long Builds”